Cultivated Reef

lighting my 36g

quinny

hey

i have recently set up a 36g tropiquarium, containg a biolife wet/dry filter. I would like to add some live sand and rock to it. Then perhaps easily kept mushrooms and polyps.

However at current this set up only has two 20w fluresents.

What is the minimum W per gallon would i be able to get away with and any suggestions on which lighting i could install, and is their any chance in installing it into the tropiquarium hood.

I am also looking to install a protein skimmer but unsure on which.

I have done research on the prizm but have receieved hugely mixed reactions. This skimmer seems to be either loved or hated. Any suggestions, if not can anybody reccomend any other skimmers that are suitable for my set up.

My last concern is water, the tank is currently filled with tap water. I am planning on buying an ro unit but am wondering if i do many water changes say 20% every 3 days over 2 or three months with ro water will this then be ok to add live rock and sand, or once tap waters been in will i have to strip the whole system.thanx

I have a 38g. I just purchased a corallife 36" dual 96 watt light with builtin fans (4) 1 10,000K other is blue atinic. $200. This brought back a green polyp rock that had been closing up. Mushrooms r growing, xenias are growing like crazy.

The bac pac protein skimmer i have is awesome. 129$

I started with tap water, lr and ls and have slowly switched over when red algae started.

Archived