Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nikon Coolpix 4200.

One Eyed Bunny

One Eyed Bunny

Anyone have one or similar Nikon that might have some picture taking tips?

I did a search and found nothing very helpful so I figured a new thread is warranted.

One Eyed Bunny

Gah! So noone has encountered a similar Nikon? I googled it and found nothing really all that helpful either... I may just buy another camera anyways, I'm disappointed in how this one performs anyways.

I have one... what do you want to do?

I really like mine... and it was cheap. It'll do till the 11MP cameras come down in price.

One Eyed Bunny

I just wanna take solid low-light photos of my fish and tank. I don't have a tri-pod and the sharpness is for... The problem is the sharpness, mostly, is there any way to negate that, that you know of?

If you don't have a tripod... have something in front of the tank you can brace yourself on. ...and are you using the macro setting?

....if you look atthe pictures in my tank thread or pico thread or gallery all but the first few were taken with the 4200.

The large button next to the LCD screen: there is a flower icon just below it and above the speaker.

With the camera on, press the bottom arrow on the button, this will cause an icon to appear on the LCD screen in the center (features a flower and the words on and off). use that button to select on of off for the macro feature (up or down). When you set the marco function to on ther will be a small green flower icon up at the top of the screen.

Pressing up will access the flash menu... you will want to turn the flash off.

I know those are lousy instructions... and picture might help... but I cant use my camera to takea picture ofthe back of my camera (unless I had a few mirrors)

lol

Archived