Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

coralife 24" retrofit

drdrew

what do you guys think of the coralife 24 inch retrofit light with a 175W MH and 2 20W actinic retrofit kit at hellolights for $305?

this would be for a 20Gal Long

want to keep maximas!

is there a better way/brand/price etc to do this?

how would you set up the lighting for around 300-350?

thanks a bunch!

Ok first in response to the last response please read my signature...In regards to the Coralife lights, they are decent but they need the 10k halide light and that adds to the price $19 so your value quickly disappears...Also I personally don't like the placement of Halide bulb and the fact it comes with Fluorescents and not power compacts. My advice is go to Petsupplyliquidators.com and e-mail them about what you want, they will build to spec for the same price (possiblty cheaper)...I have just ordered and 150 HQI set up with them with them for the same size tank with 2 55w pc's and tank feet.

PS- HQI halide is a fairly new embraced technology in halides. It is supposed to be the best spectrum, although they run hotter (so get a fan) but the defining difference is the size of the bulb and the fact it has not glass sheilding, hence the bulkyness of normal halides, so it requires a glass shield in the fixture. Good luck!

does it come with bulbs cuz there is a good deal on mh's at petsupplyliquidator.com with pc's that come with bulbs i think its 1 250 watt mh with 2 55 watters alluminum hood fan and all for like 315,Chris

Yes it comes with choice of bulbs...Most of the systems they build come with an OEM version halide (probably Asian) I swapped it out for a 10k Ushio...

Archived