SaltCritters.com

55 Gallon

Shadoe

Hi Guys.

I guess this would be the right forum for this thread. ;) I have a 55 gallon aquarium currently occupied by a Bearded Dragon <(Click for Picture) I was thinking about moving him and making it a Marine Aquarium (FOWLR). I currently have a 5 gallon setup and has been doing awesome, and has been an awesome experience. Anyway, I was curious on what supplies I would need for such a larger setup. Would I need a refugium tank? I'm almost positve I will need a protein skimmer, right? How many lbs. of LR and Sand? So many questions. I would like to get LR and Sand from and established tank at the LFS, for a little cyle. ;) How much can I plan to spend?:bling:

Thanks, sorry for the long post.

Shadoe

**I do have (1) submersable heater ; (2) powerheads ; (1) HOB Filter ; (2) Stock Florescents**

*skimmer/refugium combo would be best for filtration-around $230 @ drsfostersmith.com.

*You can get a coralife aqualight with moonlights and 4 50/50 65w bulbs for around $250 from drs.fostersmith.com

*30-40 lbs. of live sand is good-$40

* around 65 lbs. of fiji live rock-between $3-8 per Lb.

*Salt-$40

*a good test kit-$20

*various trace elements -$20

*food-$20

this is just a list of things you will need off the top of my head, hope this helps! :)

I have a 55 gallon tank too and I'm using 304 Fluval Canister Filter, Prizm Protein Skimmer, Coralife compact lights, heater, 2 powerheads, 50lbs live sand, around 20-30lbs live rocks, so far so good! :)

Archived