Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The steroidal nano water test and debut.

lizbeth

Lunch, They are the returns from the sump/fuge, which can't hold 13 gallons of water. I did some research and decided against using check valves. I wanted mulitple adjustable outlets with the least stuff in the tank so up they went.

Thanks Cam!

J Bass, It's 36"x15.5"x17". Um, it really doesn't fit well, I can put it in there on the diagonal. It's a 250 watt ebo and it's 17" long. :blush: I thought it would fit.......

Ah well, I'll add a shorter heater to the list of things to get.

Thanks rocket, but, but, but, it didn't look THAT big at the store.:D

ahh, i see now. thanks that pick shed some light on the subject. heck why not just have HOT returns and use the drilled ones for a closed loop!! that would ROCK!!

very nice! keep us updated!

Lunchbucket

• 2 weeks later...

The Mag 5 has been replaced with a Laguna Powerjet 3000 1283gph. So far so good. The tank had no cycle with the live sand and cured rubble I first added. Then when I added the "dying coral rubble" it had a small cycle.

I got tired of looking at a nekkid tank and the clowns needed to be transfered to their new home. Hubby wasn't too keen about me spending 200 on rocks right now....so I did some more ghetto work. I added the rubble from the temp clown tank, the lava rock, and the clowns a week ago. The clowns haven't killed each other yet. :) Tho' the big one is being very pushy and the little one is a shakin'. :)

Of the rocks I got a Jeff's only the ricordia didn't make it so I have a few small "hitchhiker" corals in the tank. I transfered a few xenia frags from my other tanks. Everything seems to be happy.

So now on to adding more light, hooking up the skimmer, adding the top off system and letting the tank stabilize.

Great tank! Everything is so well organized and well thought-out. Can't wait to see it as it progresses.

What kind of paint did you use to paint the PVC blue? Is it prone to scratching or can you be pretty rough with it once the color is on the pipe?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Madness, sorry...didn't see your post. The subscribe thing didn't send me an email.

I just used krylon spray paint. And let it dry/cure for several days before putting it in the tank. It seems to be holding up fine, though I haven't done any heavy scrubbing on it.

Archived