inTank Media Baskets

Yellowstripe Maroon Clownfish

zeuss zoso

It stays in one corner, the upper left back one, and stares at the wall. This is the second day he has been in my tank so maybe he is just getting used to it. Also I noticed he is covered in a white/translucent slime coat. I know that the coat is normal but it seems to be falling off in tails behind him. Thanks for any input.

if you have a tank you can put medication in, put him in there. maybe velvet or something. Could be stress related or disease related. I'd quaranteen him with a copper based medication. DO NOT PUT this medication in your normal tanks water, esp if you have corals, etc.

check out some websites for the right diagnosis. Look at some pictures, find out what you have

Oh yeah, research first first! then treat...and don't keep changing treatments. Get informed then stick with your guns

I am pretty sure it does not have a disease because he is eating very well. I think it may be from stress and just moving to a new enviroment. I am going to wait a few more days and then take action because I don't want to stress him more than need be.

Alex

today it is still sitting in the upp right corner, almost resting on a power head

still has white film

im gonna go feed him now and see how he does...

ok i fed him and he is not too good....he hardly ate anything....the mysis shrimp float past him and he doesnt move.

I bought him from the LFS about 2 days ago so I was wondering if I should take him back

any input

thanks

One Eyed Bunny

It's stress. Our gold-striped maroon clownfish did the same thing. We acclimated him as best as we could and than dumped him. He hovered near the surface around the far left corner of the tank and rarely moved.

He'll eat when he's hungry and when he's ready. With ours it was a day to day battle on whether he'd eat or not.

I, personally, don't think he's sick. I think he's stressed and he'll just need a few days to acclimate successfully to the new tank. Ours took two weeks before he'd wander to the other side of our 12 gal. nano cube.

HE DIED! :(

he died yesterday...i think he was just too exhausted

he made one last effort and then i think the powerhead blew him down and he couldnt get back up..poor little guy

One Eyed Bunny

I'm sorry dude. Maybe he was just too overly stressed or possibly a cyanide-collected fish. They're got a 90% fatality rate...

It sucks losin' a fish even if you only had him a couple days.

Archived