ReefCleaners.org

Coral Transfer Opinion

chvynva916

I'm in the process of moving my 5g into my 10g. So far in my 10g I have a 4" DSB, and about 5lbs of figi, one astrea, one hermit, two shrooms, and miscellaneous fauna. Everything is doing fine.

Today I received my new 55x2w PSL hood for the 10g. It looks great, however the 10,000k is broken and the new one Bruce is sending me won't be here for about a week.

Question: I'd like to start moving stuff with only a 55w actinic over my 10g. What can I move?

My options are: 8 lbs LR, candy coral, torch coral, shrooms, and xenia. I don't want to move my brain until I can move my clown since she hosts in it.

Any suggestions?

What corals would do alright under all actinics for a week?

Um, gotta ask... why do you HAVE to move everything now? Why not wait for the bulb to show up? Afterall you've been waiting for the light fixture. You're going from 26 to 110 watts of light... Chances are your going to need some acclimation time to avoid freakin' out stuff... move everything when you get your light setup ready to go and then work on light acclimation.. would suggest shortened lighting cycles. This way you have the light "they" are going to be under... or not, *I'm rambling again*

Why do I HAVE to do it now? Simple...I'm a stupid impatient reefer :-). Thanks for the reminder glazer...I've decided to wait until the new bulb comes in. On another note...my new tank sandbed is begining to teem with pods. I haven't seen any worms though...

Archived