ReefCleaners.org

Jigsaw's One gallon "Ocean Free"

Jigsaw

Well guys, I decided to join the pico club and started on my own one gallon. The setup so far (its not setup yet, you'll see why) is going to be the 1 gal ocean free (from petco $15), but modded. me and my buddy (nd12nc on the forums here) siliconed a piece of acrylic with an overflow on it to the back of the tank to make an in-tank fuge system. I bought a Zoo-Med powerhead for the fuge to go back into the main display. I didn't have any extra acrylic (that's a pain to cut with a razor) so its just one big chamber. Here's a few pics to see what we did:

need a 1/2 drill bit but we had to use 3/8 one instead, oh well

im0007924ao.jpg

picture of the tank

im0007930ib.jpg

Zoo-med powerhead/pump:

im0007986wi.jpg

Finally, the almost completed project (the cracks on the bottom are what we messed up when we cut the dang acrylic. we siliconed it pretty good though )

im0007995pa.jpg

here's after the silicone has been sealed permanently and the tank has been setup:

im0008032oh.jpg

I added the water and Live rock from my 20 gallon setup and seeded the black sand with a little bit of white sand from my 20 as well. I ordered the chaeto today for the fuge and it is on its way. the light is 27 watts and I am using a hydor heater.

Archived