inTank Media Baskets

fish for my 20g high tank

lowpro1

i have a little dilemma here. i like so many salt water fish and cant pick a few to add to my tank. so i decided to turn to this site and your comments to narrow down the search for fish down to 3 or 4. so here are my thoughts and the fish i want to keep together, let me know your views and comments.

2 firefish

1 royal dottyback or 1 strawberry pseudochromis

1 percula clown

maybe a cherub angel

i was also thinkin of jus goin for the angel, firefish, dottyback and that it. but i dont kno. tell me what you guys think.

• 3 weeks later...

I would go with everything but the angel and only one firefish. You could also do 2 clowns the dottyback and maybe something very small like a citron goby. Those are very cool fish and that combo would be coloful.

I agree, its probably not the best idea to keep an angel in a 20 - they are very active fish and need lots of room (and i mean lots!) to swim around.

I would probably stick to 3 fish in total, MAYBE 4 after the system is established. Remember, don't add them all at once, try one at a time every couple weeks (or more). That way your system won't get overloaded and you'll have a better chance for success.

The perc is a good choice, as well as 1 firefish - although they do like to carpet surf IME. The pseudochromis would most likely pick on the firefish cuz they are mean little bastards (but oh so pretty). A royal gramma may be a better choice....

Just my $0.02

Karin :)

Archived