Innovative Marine Aquariums

Brakish question

Aggie05

Maybe someone here can help me. I purchased a figure eight puffer over the weekend and he is living happily in my 20 long FW tank for the time being. But I am cycling my 10 gallon to turn it into brackish for him and another puffer. I am wondering if anyone can give me a SG number that would suit brackish conditions the best, and if anyone has kept a brakish tank before is there any advice? Also, does anyone know of any plants that will tolerate the salt? Thanks.

Originally posted by gobies

I'm not thrilled with the AZGardens brackish plant package, but it's okay.

i should also say that i've never purchased anything from AZGardens (nor kept a brackish tank for that matter X)) yeah, wetwebmedia has good articles

:P i've always wanted a longish, wide-ish, shallow-ish tank with an army of archers cruising through a couple mangrove islands :D

I have one. Very smart and very cool. But a mean little bugger.

Salinty? Doesn't matter. If you adjust him slowly enough you could toss him in your reef-tank.

1.00-1.21 Just try not to shock him with it.

they do there best in a slightly brackish

Yeah they are the coolest fish. Lots of personality. I have toyed with the idea of acclimating one to salt. I don't think I'd put him in my reef (1.025 sg) but maybe a FOWLR tank at like 1021 he might do okay in.

Archived