Coral Vue Hydros

Newer 10g / Questions

jcm1229

Attached is a pic of my 10g. Has bali LR w/lots of macros and small frags from my larger tank. Lighting is 2x36 (1 10K, 1 actinic) - about 3 1/2 inches above water. I have an auto topoff to add fresh water.

Livestock:

1 small maroon clown (will move out when gets too large)

Snails (2 ceriths, 1 trochus, sevral nassarius)

Small Blue leg hermits (about 6)

Corals (all frags from another tank)

Torch

Candy Cane

Small montipora

Small Acropora

Small Blastomussa

Pulsating Xenia

ricordia

The monti, acro and blas are located high to be close to the light.

Question: The rock that is hight in the tank appears to be bleachec white - no coraline, and what might have been there is gone. Should I re-aquascape and lower the height. (The top rock is about 3/4 inch below water line). In taking digital pics, I can't get any detail on the top 1/3 of the tank due to its proximity to the light. Any tips on a full tank shot where I can see whats at the top (may get better with a re-aquascape as well)

Thanks!

bump

nice tank! i'd leave it as is, it looks good.

the coralline that was there was probably use to lower light levels, that's all. new/different coralline should eventually take over their spot. if you rearrange the LR the new ones on 'top' may bleach as they were used to their former positions (even tho overall height is lower).

higher flow at the top will help promote the coralline too ime. just think of the LR at the top as the reef crest.

Archived