inTank Media Baskets

10G tank with new additions

OxInYourBox

My 2.5G tank is being taken over by Xenia and Capnella frags so it was the perfect time to start moving some things (along with the free frags I got at a frag meet) into my 10G tank after I rearranged the rockwork for a more pleasing look. This week I'm adding some more capnella frags and possibly some xenia frags. The pics here are 800X600 but at the following link you can check out some of the 2048X1536 shots and other small ones that I took with a Canon S30. Today I'm going to read the manual to improve on some of my up close shots.

Front shot of tank

1-27-03FrontNoFlashClose.JPG

GSP

1-27-03GSPBranch.JPG

Acro and Capnella frags

1-27-03Capnella&Acro.JPG

My Capnella "cliff". Going for the Bonsai tree in remote location look from Karate Kid.

1-27-03CapnellaCliff.JPG

And this last pick is for Cmoreash as I know how much he loves crabs. The lil ###### was picking at my GSP so I tossed him in my refugium and he climbed out and into the heater colum of the fuge so I tossed a small bit of LR rubble in and he gets fed by the macroalgae that I prune. Going to take him back to the LFS eventually.

1-27-03Killer.JPG

WOW!, Cool Ox... you got little baby "trees" everywhere! hehe

Hey, I got an Emerald as part of my "hair team" in my 5.5 and I too thought, well almost positive he was picking/munching on my GSP's... so off to the 'fuge he went, or solitary as the wife calls it. Well hair was getting out of control so I put him back IN the display... seems his little stay in the pokey straightened him right out...lol He is now a proud member of the "A" team and an algae munching machine!,hehe Maybe you should give him a little talk and then release him back into the general population, err, just a thought. ;)

Originally posted by glazer

Maybe you should give him a little talk and then release him back into the general population, err, just a thought. ;)

I think me and him had a little chat when I pryed him off of his rock during the rearrangement. He wasn't too happy with me yanking his arm but now he's a bit less shy (esp since he has no hiding spots :)). The hermits have been taking care of the smaller stuff as his main job was the hair algae that Ross can't seem to get rid of. I think I'm going to keep him however move him into my Alife so that he can be King of the tank vs King of a 4X4 cell with nothing but 2 hermits and a small piece of LR to sit in, err, I mean on. :P

More trees (capnella and xenia) on the way along with a tiny 4 polyp Orange zoo that decided to run away from the mother colony. :)

Thanks MacnReef.

The tank actually isn't drilled. The overflow in the corner is only half the height of the tank. Not having the flash on during the pics gave the illusion of it being bottom drilled. Here's a pic that shows you what the tank looks like in normal lighting.

BTW there are 5 powerheads (2 Mini Jet 404's, 2 606's (on a wavemaker) and 1 Maxi Jet 400) in the tank. I have the overflow setup to do surface skimming which is then pushed by the MJ400 into the refugium which then overflows back into the tank. I might be changing the setup to go to a skimmer (came with the unit so it fits perfectly) first then into the fuge but I haven't decided yet. I don't have the digital camera here but I can take some overhead shots to show you what the setup looks like.

The lighting is AHSupply's 2X36 kit with seperate reflectors to fit into the half opening canopy. I went with Hellolight's 10K and 03 bulbs however I may swap out the 10k for a 10k/03 mix as I love some blue coloring. That or go MH.

Next purchase for the tank is a CA Reactor. Just gotta sell the Alife and some other misc tanks I have around.

Anymore questions LMK.

Originally posted by MacnReef

What are you asking for the alife?

Havent decided yet. I retrofitted the hood with a Workhorse 2 Ballast ($18), replaced the bulb 3 weeks ago ($25), and junked the stock return pump in favor of a RIO 600 that I had. Maybe $125? and I'll toss in the 50W Ebo Jager I have it in as well as the substrate if I can figure out a way to pack it without it spilling during transit etc. I'll probably post in the classifieds forum soon once I decide to sell it.

Thanks Rocket_155.

Archived