Innovative Marine Aquariums

Local LFS/ Distributor in Michigan

jimmie51

I just wanted to put up some info on a LFS that is actually a wholesaler local to me here in teh Detroit Michigan area. They open to the public for a few hours Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The rest of the time they just do wholesale work. They are super helpful and have great specials. Thier prices are around the standard, but for all of the knowedge and advice they give, it is well worth the price. WWW.tropicorium.com is thier website, and they are located in Romulus Michigan. I would suggest taking a trip even if just to look if you are local. They something like 40,000 gallons of reef tanks. Sorry to spam the board I just wanted to share a great place to purchase reef animals.

I live in Ypsilanti, I usually head up to Tropicorium every month or so, that place is excellent. their coral "vats" are simply a wonderful sight to behold. Dick and everyone else there are really helpful. I would definatly recommend anyone in the area to check them out. It is definatly an example of someone's hobby getting out of hand, its all in this guy's greenhouse in his backyard. The place is awesome.

Hey Christopher, I'm in Plymouth. Where do you use for your LFS? I am from the east side and have been looking for some where on this side of town to call home.

I Havn't been to oceans and seas yet, but my dad lives at 16 and harper so I'll have to check it out. There is a place on Rochester road that I liked a lot. It's called Aquatic Discoveries at 15 mile and Ryan. They had a pretty good selection. The service was ok. Some of them were very helpful and some of them acted like they were always to busy to help you. But thier tanks were well kept and thier livestock looked very healthy and well taken care of.

Checked out Tropicorium as well as Aquatic Discoveries. Tropicorium was pretty wild. Incredible the "stuff" in their growing tanks. Pretty cool but limited to softies. Didn't see any of the clams that they are so proud of on their site. Aquatic Discoveries is pretty cool...some of the tanks are incredible...the largest anenomes I have ever seen! Livestock selection is farly limited though. I want to know what the hell they do to get thee incredible coralline growth in their tanks. Really amazing. Corals nice and their condition good. Some of the fish when I was there looked kind of scraggly and potentially icky. Great place to buy aquariums, their prices were pretty good. Had a semi-bogus experience in buying a JBJ hood which when I got it home had obviously been returned...scratches on it, lens broken, etc. and they moaned about me returning it. They are off my list for a while.

Although Oceans and Seas is limited to softies only, I think they have a better selection of critters. Fish is also fairly limited.

Wish we had some better LFS's in the area!!!

Cool , I'm glad you like the tropicorium. I had to work last weekend so I didn't get over to oceans and seas. I am planning on going this weekend. I am picking up my LR & LS this weekend for my nano too. WOOOOO HOOOOOO!

Archived