SaltCritters.com

Help Pleaze

chodaboy

ok lets first of admit that i am a dumb ###### and get on with it. Just about 20 minutes ago i dropped three drops of my alk indicator into my 7 gallon seacube tank somehow mistaking it for my supplement buff. The tank has been running for like six months with alot of inhabitants in it. It's a Red Sea test kit the back of the dropper bottle says it contains bromocresol green and is harmful. I did a gallon water change. what else should i do? they don't seem to be harmed but it might too be to early to tell?

do a couple of massive water changes imo. 25% at a time. run some carbon and Poly-Filters too. i don't know what's in that test kit's solutions but it can't be good.

the risk of doing all those wc's is stressing your system but compared to poisoning i would think it's a better option. you should know by the time this posts how it's affecting your system. if it's not too traumatized i would lessen the wc's if everything looks like it's going to melt then you've basically got nothing left to lose imo. good luck!

Water changes will help, and running carbon may take out anything particularly nasty in the indicator solution. You may also try contacting the company to see if they have any advice.

Keep an eye on things, it may hurt nothing.

after leaving overnight with a 10% water change. heres the verdict nothing seems to be really that bad, except my fern caulepra seems to have gone sort of see through green. they haven't looked that way since i totally screwed up the alk calc doses a long time ago. my fishes look fine, and my polpys look normal, my peppermint shrimp looks a little pail but not really i guess should i risk the stress and do a 25% or 10% or no more at all.

Archived