Coral Vue Hydros

Heater for a 1 gallon Pico (Red Sea AquaVase)

jap1

I just set up a new Red Sea aqua vase pico tank. I'm sure all of you are familiar with it. It has a live sand bed about 1.5 inches deep and I use water from my bigger tank. I am only going to use it for a plate coral and a sexy shrimp (which I don't have yet). Nothing more for now. The problem is that the water is around 72 degrees because my house always stays cold. This tank is tiny and can't hold a regular sized heater. Any suggestions so I can warm up the water?

iam using a heat pad for mine(it dosent look that good but works for now)you could get a hydor 7.5, or try one of those realy small heat pads for hermit crab tanks(i think petsmart sells them)

this is what I am puting in my 1.6g hex pico, it's only like 7 1/2 watts

Cool, thanks aquadrone. I'm going to order one of those. I think it's the best option for our size tanks.

Ricky@3rdshift

I found out real fast those non adjustable pads in a tank smaller than 2 gallons keeps it way to hot. My 1 gallon went from 74 to 86 over night and with the lights on it hit 92.8 degrees. I went with a small full adjustable submergable 25w heater set at 75 degrees. It keeps the tank about 76 and abut 81 to 82 with the lights on.

Archived