Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Question on Reliability of Nano Cube 2006 Models

NY11

Has anyone reported any cracking problems with the new 2006 models of the Nano Cubes? I have searched the Nano Cube forum, but I couldn't find any reports on the newer models.

I'm thinking of buying one of the 2006 12 gallon DX models. I have had an original DX for over a year and had no problems, so I thought I would go for number 2. Thanks for your help.

Chad

Has anyone reported any cracking problems with the new 2006 models of the Nano Cubes? I have searched the Nano Cube forum, but I couldn't find any reports on the newer models.

I'm thinking of buying one of the 2006 12 gallon DX models. I have had an original DX for over a year and had no problems, so I thought I would go for number 2. Thanks for your help.

Chad

Your results were normal for the NC12, minimal breakage and that was mostly shipping damage.

Old NC24's were a different story with a large percentage cracking after setup.

The NC6 tanks had a few crack after setup, but that was most likely residual shipping damage.

Which size are you looking into? The 6g and 12g models have had the best track record over the course of the last couple of years. Last year's 24g had some issues, but the manufacturer claims they should be resolved at this point. JBJ has also made better efforts to pack the tanks securely inside the boxes to help prevent any unseen shipping damage. I believe that some people that are seeing problems with their tanks are from stresses caused during shipment and unfortunately don't find out about the problem until the tank is filled. Keep in mind that sometimes depending on where you buy your tank, the tank itself may have been passed between more hands than others.

Mine cracked! It was a 2006 JBJ 24 gallon deluxe. It cracked 3 or 4 days after I got it...big fat crack down the right corner from top to bottom. Flooded an entire room...my story is posted in this forum somewhere. Look for it under the title "SERIOUSLY reconsider buying the new JBJ nano" or something like that. Good luck w/ yours if you go for one. I won't ever buy another JBJ tank...

I noticed you're going for a 12 gallon though...haven't heard of any problems w/ those.

Archived