Coral Vue Hydros

lookign to trade my 3'' clown triggerfish for beginner corals

bingalpaws

You have better luck finding someone interested in your trigger on reefcentral

ya i posted there too

that's a nice moray you got there in your avatar... makes me miss my old purple mouth moray

thanks, my friend actually has one just like it (though it's not the one shown in the pic). Maybe one day when I finally upgrade my tank I'll get one.

i am in MA...

here's a pic of him in my 55, which is currently being taken down.

i am not sure what kidn of corals you speak of, but are they easy to maintain? my setup is as follows, and i am only interested in mushroom-like hardiness:

2 gallon aga

5.5 lbs nice, mature LR

90gph whisper HOB filter with carbon and LR rubble

bare bottom

2 smaller fish :)

glass top

2X18watt jbj with fan, 1 bulb 50/50, 1 bulb daylight 10K

over the next few days i will be adding some cheato (chaeto?), several snails, and a small crab prolly

if those are harder to keep corals i won't be interested, my goal is to have a tank that is easy to maintain and will flourish readily, not something i need to be monitoring hard, and supplementing stuff, etc.

looking at one of his fins in that picture, it looks like some little white spots on his tail, that is def not ich or anything, he doesn't even have spots on his tail, it is either stuff in teh water column or on the glass

btw, that's an interesting pic you have as your avatar.. waht kind is that? i have a retired breeder/show cat bengal (hybrid between asian leopard cats (wild) and domestic)

post-18686-1140118887_thumb.jpg

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

the cat is a tica & cfa registered seal point oriental siamese male, 5.5y old. I had him flown here from saroko cattery in college station texas at 6m. Unfortunatly, the time has come after 2500 in vet bills to put him down. He has a problem were basically due to his genetic code causes him to develop bladder stones that are as large as the bladder, it starts with crystals. He just had surgery back in janurary, and 2 weeks later I take him back for a UA and the crystals a forming already. So we put him on a medication and special science diet only available from the vet. The vet has told me this is really hard to manage, and not to get too much hope that its going to due much good. So I need to take him up for another UA the 1st of march, if the crystals are getting worse, then I'll just bring him home and wait for him to not be able to urinate, then call an inhouse vet to come and put him down. He gets pretty scared to leave the home, so I think this will make it easier on him.

Man I'll tell you im pretty tore up with the whole thing, he has really been a super close companion, sleeps on my pillow everynight, and sits with me all he can. His main objective is to keep me from paying attention to the reef tank, he walks all over me everytime I sit on the floor to work on the sump.

I guess I should be happy for the 5y I've had with him, if I had to do it over again I buy him all over again...

But I'll never buy any pedigree animal again!!! I had read these horrior stories before and chose to ignore them. I really don't care about the money, I'd sell my car to pay his bills if it would fix him, but the vet says no more after 3 surgeries dating back to 2002.

here is a pic when he was 6m,

SYLVESTER_005.jpg

Back to the clown, I checked usps websight and they want 50 bucks just for shipping overnight which really is the only way to do it. That's a bit much, but the stuff I have is easy stuff, a pink and green brain, neon green gsp, neon gren zoos, a frag of eagle eye zoos, red striped mushrooms, stuff like that.

These should all be easy to keep.

I also have a 15 head frogspawn but thats harder to keep. I think a local is going to buy my wall hammer next week.

Archived