inTank Media Baskets

New lights in the mail......

SaltyDawg

I went to Hello Lights.com and ordered two of their 13watt 7 1/2" 50/50 1000k and o3 actinic bulbs for my 5.5g nano reef . will let you all know how well they do as this would be one hell'a cheap lighting set up for the good if it works well! They are only 6.75 or somthing a peice. They have the same with a ballast kit for 13 bucks. 26 bucks with these bulbs included. That beats the hell out of Coral Life! Just hope it works.

I got an email from them yesterday that they were shippied out thay morning and would arive tomorow (wed.) 3 days aint half bad IMO.. I already have the ballast and dual switches, plus an extra outlet on it too! ( I bought a shop light that used these bulbs from home depot, Or maybe it was Lowes? 24.95 not to shabby. thn made my DIY stand and canopy for my 5.5 and slapped them it. ) The standard 6500k suck real bad! they are even "shown-up" by one 20 watt aqua ray!! The 6500k puts a real yellow look in the tank.

huh- i butchered my 3 part system from 3 wallmart nightlights (oddly enough use 13 watt pc) they had 6400k bulbs that look pritty good as far as output- but like they say our eyes are a bad judge of light. Well see

Yeah I know but The spectrum for a work light or a night light is generaly very narrow. I have some xenia, hairy shroom, singularis finger leather, polyp seamat, toad stool, leather, shrooms.......All need a broad spectrum since I am only using 26 combined watts.

No becuase there is only about 100k difference so it realy wont matter. I was just saying that since you are ordering from hello lights.com then you should go ahead and get the 10000k/ 03 actinic for the broad spectrum. It it just how I feel I have no data to back it up because I am a newbie here too :). I just thought you said you were ordering from them and why not get the broad spectrum instead since they are both the same price per. bulb :). I fell like it would be like shining a flash light in there If I were continue to use these 6500k alone all the time. ( I am a worry wort so dont do it if you personaly think you will be ok without. :) ) Sorry so long but my wife is nagging me at this very minute! It is realy ####ing me off! :) Later!

Archived