Coral Vue Hydros

where are my snails going?

bigbabich

bought 8 snails two weeks ago for an algae problem.

Now 4 of the shells are emptied out at the bottom.

I have 2 damsels and a brittle star.

Do brittle stars eat up turbo snails?

Sparkling_Surfer

The same place that your lost sock goes from the dryer... :lol:

How long were they in your tank before you noticed they died? Stress from acclimation? Bad water quality? Just throwing some ideas out there.

Waters good. I have 4 blue legged hermits, 4 red legs and this white leg hermit crab (that came in a bag of the blues). I bought most of them 2 weeks ago when my algae started going nutty.

I have noticed the white legged hermit crab has a habbit of beating up the other hermits, some he pulls out of thier shells but doesn't hurt them or use their shell, doesn't even try them on.

Although I haven't seen him knock around the snails, but he is mean.

My roomate named him Tito the Wonder #######.

Could be him.

The rule is "never trust a crustacean". It may be the hermit you're talking about, it might not be- there's a big chance it is though, and Keep an eye on it and see what happens... or just remove it and see if the snails stop dropping.

Do you have a fuge or anything you can temporarily place the troublesome hermit?

Also, are the shells of the missing snails generally found in the same area? If so, then there's a predator in that area of the tank, probably in the rock somewhere.

ive had crabs eat snails. if someone kills you and then steals your house is that theft or murder, or does the theft part even matter at that point.

is that like taking a dead man's shoes?

Archived