SaltCritters.com

alright ive been researching

dreadfish

i plan to build my own acrylic tank from scratch , using my school tech department as a work shop lol gonna be about 5 gal hopefully, im currently planning my own filter design, which will include a fuge ...i sorted the heater a little 25w from my lfs..but i cant find how to light it so my question is how do you light picos???? the only light i can find that fit arent good enough for corals, just daylight for goldfish

snowlancer2720

for what are you looking for lighting for? the main tank or fuge? for the main tank, id go with 2 20w 50/50pcs, for the fuge, i would go with mabye one of those clip on lights things, i hear that they are pretty dencent seeing that you dont need all that much light for the fuge.

Check out the corallife screw-ins. It took me about 1/2 an hour to make this fixture. Purchased the sockets at homedepot for a couple bucks. Or you could go big and get the 70W MH 20K.post-18391-1139991053_thumb.jpgpost-18391-1139991062_thumb.jpgpost-18391-1139991070_thumb.jpgpost-18391-1139991135_thumb.jpg

the tank shot is with the 50/50s not the MH. 20W total

if your just starting, i would definetly NOT RECOMMEND using sunlight as a light source, just get an already made light kit and stick it on

Archived