Coral Vue Hydros

Need Help Glueing Polyps

Plakatpusher

I'm new to the reef scene and I recently acquired a very small group of yellow polyps. The problem however is they weren't really attached to a rock or anything, can I just use gel super glue and choose a rock to glue them too? I've tried putting them in the sand and letting them attach naturally there but my stupid little blue leg hermits keep crawling on it and I'm afraid it will never attach with all the movement. Also can I split them and glue the single polyps in different places or should I just allow them to spread naturally?? Any help you guys could give me about glueing and cloning would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance for your time people.

Cade

• 15g High Glass Tank
  • AquaC Remora Skimmer
  • Penguin125 Bio-wheel Filter
  • 75w Visitherm Heater
  • 96w Custom SeaLife Powerquad (2-10k bulbs and 2-Actinics)
  • 20lbs cured live figi rock
  • 3" Live sand bed
  • Rio 90 Powerhead
  • 5 bumble bee snails
  • 5 Blue leg hermits
  • 1 emerald crab
  • 1 neon goby
  • yellow polyps
  • bali green sea star polyps

Yeah super glue gel is the way to go there... I would keep 3-4 polyps together, they will spread plenty fast. If you cant take the rock out that you are gluing them to, you can take the polyps out dab them off with a dry papertowel then put a dab of glue on the base and stick them to the rock underwater. Just be sure to get them to the desired spot fast and hold them there for about 30 seconds.

Archived