ReefCleaners.org

Aiptasia died today!!!

FAHZ

Over the last few days I've bought several pieces of soft corals and much to my surprise two aiptasia. Each piece came from a different LFS so it wasn't just from one shop. I love the pieces I bought but the aiptasia had to go.

I did a search and came up with a lot of ideas on how kill the little SOBs but the one I choose worked great. One babies oral syringe from the drug store. One teaspoon of kalkwasser in 12 oz of RO water mix and serve milky and I was in business. A small squirt in the face of each aiptasia about 1ml each and good night and goodbye. A few hours later I saw a blue leg hermit dining on the remains of one.

Fahz

Let us know if they come back. I used a peppermint shrimp to get rid of mine, But I had about 40 of them and they were getting bigger every day. It took the shrimp almost 2 weeks to get rid of them.

I suddenly have two in my tank and, thankfully, they are in a location that can easily be handled. I use stop aiptasia, injected with a syringe, directly into the little buggers. they dissolve on contact and the chem is reef safe. Just haven't had the time or energy to go in and whack the beasts. Maybe tonight. Been saying that about water changes for two months now, so might do it all at once.

when I finished cycling my tank, I found 2 apts..luckily they were small so I got a peppermint and it took care of the apts in a week. what's weird is that the shrimp died a day later as if it knew that it's job was done.

haven't had any anemones since (wish they came back, add a little diversity to the tank)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived