Top Shelf Aquatics

anyone know where I can get one of these?

aquadrone100377

aquadrone100377

I can't find a single place that sells these and they are exactly what I'm looking for!

post-18520-1139774410_thumb.jpg

I will of course be upgrading the light and filter and having a small fish, (probably a neon goby or something) a shrimp, and a few hermits or snails all of this assumeing

that I can find some where that sells these things :unsure: any information will be greatly appriceiated :D

aquadrone100377

dreadfish: that's not quite it the one inthe picture is two gallons and more of a square but it's close, I remember looking at that one though because my first thought was drsfostersmith.com might have it but no luck there either. well anyway thank's, that was nice of you to try to help :D

well the tank comes from a canadian store called petcetra, its a nock off of a tank that i think petco sells, in canada petcetra whants $89 for the stupid thing!! but it was on sale a wile a ago for $40 and i got one it dos seem to be a realy good tank but iam not sure ware in the states other than mabie petco that might have it.

aquadrone100377

jfish: Okay, I went and checked out the one on petco.com and it's only a one gallon :rant:

but I did find that jbj makes something called a picotope that's an entire 3 gallons and it's only $39.99 anyone know anything about those?

You might wanna check out the Finnex 4 gallon tank, not acrylic but it's glass. You can pick them up from a guy on Ebay for 40.00 or something like that. Not including shipping. I'm going to be getting the Finnex one for my wife soon, she loves Sally Light foot crabs and just wants a small tank of them for the kitchen. Good luck, let me know what you think. TK

Foster & Smith has a 2.5 gal that's almost identical to the one you posted. Its on clearance for $29.99 which also includes the light and filter. You can even select from 4 different colors. They sell the light by itself for $27.99 so the tank and filter only add another 2 bucks. The cheapest shipping would be $7.99. Thought it was a good deal so I bought one to use as a quarantine tank.

The jbj picotopes are not available foe purchase in stores yet. I am currently waiting for one mysely. Its a pretty good deal with the light you get for onll $39.99.

or you could try and XL aquavase which is about a gallon, or the 6g. Nanocube(which doesnt have good lighting),or the 3g. Picotope (which doesnt have good lighting at all), or you could try the one from dr.fostersandsmiths.com where the link was posted above.... or just get a normal 2.5g AGA, or a finnex 4g. there is a ton of choices for a small tank!

aquadrone100377

TK: I really like that tank you recomeded I think that is probably the best of all of the ones that I have looked at so far, but I only need the tank itself so I'm seeing if it's possible to not have the lights and filter included, and if not I will probably end up getting it anyway.

aquadrone100377
for a filter DEFFINATLY AN AQUACLEAR (a 30 might be a little much,i have a 20 on my 2.5g and that makes enough flow 4 sure)

yeh, I decided to go with the aqua clear. I got the dimensions on the skilter and it's taller than the tank I was wanting to put it on :o and for a tank that small with no sump a skimmer might be kind of over kill.

fishfreak, did you do the whole turn your aqua clear in to a mini fuge thing? and if so how well did it work and how did you do it?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived