Coral Vue Hydros

possibly wanting to start pico

dreadfish

i was thinking on starting a pico as a little half term project (obviously continuing after halfterm) my lfs has a nice range of small just glass aquariums no hoods of filters etc which i was lookin to for a starting point or...these cheeap plastic fish tanks which cost 2.99 i bought one for a tropical project ages ago (breeding mountain minnows) any how heres a pic of the tank i was thinkin of building a custom hood for it n fuge any thoughts...

i know its a little cheap/tacky but with a 12 gallon nano already sucking away at my funds... my lfs also has these tiny little heaters bout 5 inchs long for mini tanks as for lighting im not sure yet, might just stand it next to my nano?

i was thinking on starting a pico as a little half term project (obviously continuing after halfterm) my lfs has a nice range of small just glass aquariums no hoods of filters etc which i was lookin to for a starting point or...these cheeap plastic fish tanks which cost 2.99 i bought one for a tropical project ages ago (breeding mountain minnows) any how heres a pic of the tank i was thinkin of building a custom hood for it n fuge any thoughts...

i know its a little cheap/tacky but with a 12 gallon nano already sucking away at my funds... my lfs also has these tiny little heaters bout 5 inchs long for mini tanks as for lighting im not sure yet, might just stand it next to my nano?

ok, my suggestion, go with your standard 2.5g tank. thats what i did, i got the tank, and a glass tiop for $11 at my LFS. go with either the 9" 18W coralife light, or the 12" 38W coralife light. a minijet 606 would be very nice. there are some nice 25w heaters out there, i plan on getting this one : http://www.drsfostersmith.com/Product/Prod...7&N=2004+113767 25W only $6

yeah, theres your basic stuff, you might could fit a nano-fission skimmer on one, i got a little stick-on therm from wally world for $2 works great!

kl that sound great , i have aslo seen this 5 gal tank that coralbuff used and my lfs has them they look awesome set up

here coralbuff's pic

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=1772

could i use that as a starting point, i was thinking of still going with the little acrylic tank i already own to keep cost down.

also has anyone got any good inverts for a pico other than mantis shrimps though that would be very awesome he would smash the acrlic tank to bits cos its quite thin

kl that sound great , i have aslo seen this 5 gal tank that coralbuff used and my lfs has them they look awesome set up

here coralbuff's pic

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...pe=post&id=1772

could i use that as a starting point, i was thinking of still going with the little acrylic tank i already own to keep cost down.

also has anyone got any good inverts for a pico other than mantis shrimps though that would be very awesome he would smash the acrlic tank to bits cos its quite thin

lol, that works, lol, keep in mind, the 5g has minimal back-frot sapace, so rockwork may be a challange! acrylic scratches easy too, but go with whateve you feel, we just make suggestions!

klkl, any suggestions on inhabitants...im gonna leave corals untill later i got sum nice fake ones sume were... i was finkin -

hermit crabs

couple of turbos

peppermint shrimp or 2 (small ones)

featerdusters (dwarf)

pom pom crab

Archived