inTank Media Baskets

arabian pseudo or neon dottybacks??????

SeaFish

what is the difference between a neon dottyback and arabian pseudo? i swear i see it at pet co and they label it as neon dottyback and is selling it for $19.99 US dollars and then i see it at my two local petstore ( very dependable pet store), and both sell it as arabia psuedo and it cost $44.99 US dollars. to me both neon dottyback and arabian psuedo both looks like the same fish to me. if they are different how do you tell them apart? i did some search online and there are websites taht claims both to be the one and only same fish while others say they are not because they came from differnt areas. what is the truth about this fish? can anyone tell me and does anyone know?

I believe "dottyback" is a common name for the Pseudochromis family. So a neon dottyback in a sence is a neon pseudochromis. Arabian, got me. Chances are, it is probably the same fish.

thats what i thought too, but why would one be 44 dollars and one be 19.99? if you guys heard of tongs in orange county, they labeled it arabian psuedos. tongs has been very dependable and i know they dont rip people off just so they can get some cash, infact i got to say they are the best saltwater fish store i have seen so far in orange county (CA). what do you think?

I think they are ripping people off for that fish then if not other things. Next time, check the price in petco for the False Percula clowns or the damsels, then check the price at the LFS. Chances are, they both came from ORA and at the same price but I bet the LFS is charging more. They have the same fish we are discussing in a LFS by me for $9.99. It just depends on what the retailer decides to mark it up to.

hum...i really dont know. its a beautiful fish in my opinion and to tell you teh truth, i dont see the difference in teh two but i guess i'll ask around and also get info from you guys who are more experienced. thanks liquid =)

I was thinking about getting one awhile back. I'm pretty sure they are the same fish. My LFS sells them for $50 as well. The cheapest I've seen them is $25. If I were you, I would snatch them up.

From what I've read they are territorial, and love to rip shrimp and copepods to pieces.

harbingerofthefish

Same fish?...most likely.

I live between to larger cities. Mobile is closer but only has 1 real SW store. Thier dottyback price...40-50.

Pensecola is about 15 miles farther but has 3 good SW stores. Saw a Springgeri for 18-they had 1, same fish in Mobile was 49.99-they had 3.

Close to me in Daphne they had a springerri for 20-they had 1. It was mislabled but still...

may just be they are jacking the price.

Went to Mobile once and they had Sunrise Psuedochromis labeled as Yellow Chromis Wrasses. Selling for 30 each. Went back a week later, they were labeled right and selling for 50 each.

I once pointed out to the small LFS near me that they seem to have great prices on the fish esp. compared to the big store, he said that since he doesn't pay that much there is no reason to sell it for such a high mark up.

It may just be that since they have people going into your store that will pay 45 for a dottyback, they will sell it at 45. As LiQuiD

said, Mobile is 5-10 dollars higher on clowns then every other store around me, and they get in 20 or so at a time.

point here? I don't know. Fish prices vary from store to store something fierce-more so maybe that corals. It pays to shop around.

thank you all for the reply, the cheapest of this fish i seen is 19.99 and i havent seen anything better then that. i am thinking about getting one and was just wondering why they are lable differently and cost up to 20 dollars difference from one store to another. i also found out that some websites about these fish said they are completely reef safe and wont attack anything like shrimps or pod and then there are websites taht said they will eat shrimps including baby mantis shrimps. can anyone confirm or have actually saw they attack shrimps?

If they are the same fish, Psuedochromis aldabraensis, snap it up quick before they realize their mistake. Neons or Arabians usually go for $50 because they are from the Red Sea. I once bought an Orchid Dottyback from Petco for $15 that was labeled as a Strawberry--Bonus!!! Watch out for the Neon, cool fish with a nasty attitude. One per tank and it isn't a good neighbor to crustacea.

any dottyback is going to be very territorial. if you have a small tank this should be the only fish in it. they also will tear shrimp and copepods up quick. i had a peppermint for about 1 day with my diadem dottyback.

my dottyback was the last fish added, doesn't go near my 4 shrimp, and is not aggressive or territorial. go and get him for $20.00, I paid double that for mine

I think they are ripping people off for that fish then if not other things. Next time, check the price in petco for the False Percula clowns or the damsels, then check the price at the LFS. Chances are, they both came from ORA and at the same price but I bet the LFS is charging more. They have the same fish we are discussing in a LFS by me for $9.99. It just depends on what the retailer decides to mark it up to.

Ugh, posts like this just kill me. Maybe, by chance, that other store needs to charge $40 because of their help, rent, location, their cost, blah blah blah etc etc etc.

At any rate, I'd appreciate if you could hook me up with the number of that LFS as neons cost well more than $9.99 wholesale, and fish from the red sea forget it...never anywhere near $9.99. If I knew where they were buying neons THAT cheap that they can sell them for almost less than half wholesale cost I could make a killing. You can PM me the info if you like.

Neons and arabians as you are seeing them labeled are probably one and the same. What's being labeled as arabians are probably coming from the red sea. As they grow they can develop a taste ofr ornamental shrimp. I have one in a tank of mine which is not for sale. While it draws a lot of attention for it's personality, it does not take kindly to new additions of fish or shrimp. They can get quite agressive, but it all depends on the individual fish.

If it's going to be your last fish addition and you don't mind the possibility of losing a shrimp or two, then go for it. And the $20 price from Petco (which I noticed around here too and was quite surprised) is very good.

HTH

My aldabraensis didn't bother crustacea when I first put him in the tank. He didn't have any quarrels with anyone until he gained some size. His first victim was a huge coral-banded shrimp which I would have never thought he could have taken out. He also polished off most of my smaller blue legs. The only fish he bothered was a flame hawk, which he chased ruthlessly until the hawk went over the wall. He is a cool fish, one of my favorites, replenishing the hermits periodically is worth it. If you are into more expensive crustacea, however, I would steer clear of the aldabraensis.

wow..i got two cleaner shrimps and one blood shrimp that i really like...after hearing these beautiful fishes as terrors, i am seriously reconsidering about getting one. i really like the fish, but then i dont want to lose all my shrimps and hermits. i have got to do some serious thinking now.:o

JustPhish, I guess you need to find another wholesaler then. I take it you are dealing with an importer selling retail and calling it wholesale. Saw it for 9.99 in The Pet Place in Wayne, NJ. Hey, if you really want the good prices, go where the guys making the money go, over seas and cut out the middle man. Lets take this site for example *edit* NO NEED TO SHOW URL *edit* they are in bali and will send you most fish that sell in the states for over $100 for $1, yes, one buck. The big guys that sell quantity and therefore buy large quantities can use these guys to make a killing. The formentioned site is just an example, and there are many better dealers to work with if you know where they are. As far as the Red Sea fish, I have contacts for them as well and if I told you fifty cents a fish what would you say? I have my fingers in on a LFS by me and have made it my business to know where to get the good stuff. If your paying over $10 wholsale, you are gonna go out of business.

JustPhish, I guess you need to find another wholesaler then. I take it you are dealing with an importer selling retail and calling it wholesale. Saw it for 9.99 in The Pet Place in Wayne, NJ. Hey, if you really want the good prices, go where the guys making the money go, over seas and cut out the middle man. Lets take this site for example http://www.baliaquarium.com they are in bali and will send you most fish that sell in the states for over $100 for $1, yes, one buck. The big guys that sell quantity and therefore buy large quantities can use these guys to make a killing. The formentioned site is just an example, and there are many better dealers to work with if you know where they are. As far as the Red Sea fish, I have contacts for them as well and if I told you fifty cents a fish what would you say? I have my fingers in on a LFS by me and have made it my business to know where to get the good stuff. If your paying over $10 wholsale, you are gonna go out of business.

ROFL, I certainly hope you aren't trying to say that ORA has some questionable business practices. That's the best place by far for these fish as well as many other captive raised fish. And if you think I would rather a wild caught using wtf knows what means over a captive raised fish then you're sadly mistaken. If that's the attitude of this LFS that makes their business your business, then they're the ones who are going to go under.

You want to talk about directly importing? Sure. Let's take that $1 fish. Now add to that min orders of say, oh, 20 of each species. Now add to that a min weight before they even think about shipping to you of what? 200lbs? Let's not forget the cost for freight. Average $4.75 per kilo. And now? Oh yeah, a freight forwarder to accept your cargo, get it through all the proper stops and then place it on another aircraft bound for it's destination. There's more jingle. Before home fry can put that cargo on the plane you need to find another person to re-ox everything. Prob $20 per box right there. Then you go to the airport and pay the freight for the domestic flight. Get the boxes back to your place and find wtf knows how many DOA's after 48 hours or more in transit. That one dollar fish turns into 10 times that easy if not well more.

Worth it for the average lfs owner with limited space and lots of overhead? Hardly. Why not pay the same if not more for smaller orders, much less minimums and healthier fish? Definitely worth it to me in my book. Shoot, if it was all daisies and roses like you make it out to be don't you think everyone would be out there doing it? Everyone thinks this industry makes LFS owners insane amounts of money. My question is if you folks really think that, what's taking you so long to get into the business?

My point about the price of the fish again is that it's not right IMHO to go spouting off that one is getting ripped off by another without knowing anything going on behind the scenes in that paticular situation.

Pepsi sells cans of soda to us for the firehouse at $.13 a can. But the thing is we gotta make regular orders by the case. If you drink soda why don't you just buy directly from them? Cut out the middle man! The grocery store wants $.50 when on sale and you can buy as little as one 6 pack at a time if you wish. I'm guessing you don't mind picking it up at the grocery store because you don't have the room, nor the need for 20 cases a week.

The way I run my business works extremely well for me. I appreciate your help, but I don't need it. My little boys plate still gets filled with macaroni and cheese with hot dog bits and my ten year old prism still runs fine (knock on wood). I am is business for the love of the hobby, if I were looking to be rich Lord knows I could pick a much more profitable side business. My guess is this goes for most other LFS owners in the industry.

TTYL

PS, I just talked to someone from ORA who explained to me that wild caught neon dottybacks cost much more than tank raised and they are pretty rare...admitting he has yet to see a real wild one. FWIW

I certainly hope you aren't trying to say that ORA has some questionable business practices.

I said that both locations probably bought them from ORA. How does that in anyway imply they have questionable business practices? And yes, tank raised fish are nice, I like some of the new genetic creations from the inbreeding I've seen coming from them lately like the mis-bar percs etc. Reminds me of that poor freshwater parrot fish someone created years ago mixing a severum with something else to create a very angry deformed fish that is being sold in every LFS across the country, in fact they are injecting them with nice colors now a days as well for a variety in their frankenstein fish. If it's not endangered, I want it from the sea. You know how many fish are caught each day for food compared to for the aquaria hobby? Oh, and again if you had read, the business in Bali is a aquaculture fish farm. Do you read before you respond? I guess not because if you were at the formentioned site, well let's go through it....

Now add to that min orders of say, oh, 20 of each species.

They minimum order is 10 fish (around ten dollars)

Now add to that a min weight before they even think about shipping to you of what? 200lbs?

Not for a bag with 10 fish in it.

Let's not forget the cost for freight. Average $4.75 per kilo. And now? Oh yeah, a freight forwarder to accept your cargo, get it through all the proper stops and then place it on another aircraft bound for it's destination.

They are set up to ship direct through FedEx overnight directly to you as with many.

There's more jingle. Before home fry can put that cargo on the plane you need to find another person to re-ox everything. Prob $20 per box right there. Then you go to the airport and pay the freight for the domestic flight. Get the boxes back to your place and find wtf knows how many DOA's after 48 hours or more in transit. That one dollar fish turns into 10 times that easy if not well more.

Just give them a call and see how easy it is for them to send a bag of fish to your door tomorrow for the cost of drop shipped live rock. $20 for fish, say $50 for delivery is around $70 for 20 fish that you can sell for an average of $30 per fish is $600 or $530 profit on a small bag of 20 fish. Been there done that.

Shoot, if it was all daisies and roses like you make it out to be don't you think everyone would be out there doing it? Everyone thinks this industry makes LFS owners insane amounts of money. My question is if you folks really think that, what's taking you so long to get into the business?
First off, who is everyone? Secondly, do you know how many members of this board alone are doing it? Thirdly, because it costs money to start a business. Can you go lay out a minimum of $50,000 tomorrow for a small store and keep it afloat for the first year while building customers? Most people can't, they work for other people and don't own any business nor could afford one if they wanted to. That was just a silly statement.
My point about the price of the fish again is that it's not right IMHO to go spouting off that one is getting ripped off by another without knowing anything going on behind the scenes in that paticular situation.

I do not know the situation of the store in question and the comment was ment sarcastically, just saying that it seemed like alot to pay.

PS, I just talked to someone from ORA who explained to me that wild caught neon dottybacks cost much more than tank raised and they are pretty rare...admitting he has yet to see a real wild one. FWIW

Oh, so all the neons come from ORA right? Or other farms and the LFS's have yet to see a real wild one. Yea, and the last three sales telemarketers I talked with told me that there products were the best and cheapest as well. C'mon, what is he supposed to say, "Ours suck, heres the number to a good cheap wholesaler that will make you never bother calling us again".

I've gone through these long winded posts before and really don't want to get into another debate on business practices again. This is an enjoyable business but a business at that. I see tons of people buying stuff from ORA like the neon zoo's on the 2" squares, the toadstools, and the clams and reselling them for a killing by calling them tank raised at their place. I think it is kind of sad if you have a 30 gallon breeder in your living room, you can get a wholesale account with ORA. Yea, these guys are growing them at home right, with a hundred corals or clams going out the door a week, I wish I could grow out corals and breed clams that fast. Think about it, these guys will in a week have ten new 6" Maxima clams, geez inception to six inches in a week or a total of 500 polyps of zoo's, these guys must have cloning machines in there houses. Bottom line is wholesale in and marked up retail out, there are just many factors to the markup percentage like appearance, length in business etc. that will determine it. Hey, don't get me wrong, business is business and more power to them. You do it your way, as you should, and the people who want to make more money will buy cheaper and sell for more, thats just the way it is. Hey, I'm feeling a little noble about the don't rip off people thing, so if there is anyone reading this from the nnorthern NJ area and would like to purchase some nice ne 2" torch babies I have like 30 and am selling for $10 a piece a few 3" for $15. Don't want to ship them but you can stop by the store and pick them up along with whatever else catches your eye. Just message me for details. Hey that felt good, I said I would never do a cheap advertising ploy like that but hey, I know nano-reefers lave frags and no one else who frequents the store like the little corals. This shall be my one and only plug, I figured all this typing, I deserve to throw that in.

BTW thanks for derailing yet another thread. My simple response was to say that they are probably they same and to go with the cheaper one.

I said that both locations probably bought them from ORA. How does that in anyway imply they have questionable business practices?

and also

I take it you are dealing with an importer selling retail and calling it wholesale.

I'm buying my neons from ORA. If I am buying from ORA, and you're telling me I am probably dealing with an importer selling at retail and calling it wholesale, that sounds like a questionable practice to me.

And yes, tank raised fish are nice, I like some of the new genetic creations from the inbreeding I've seen coming from them lately like the mis-bar percs etc. Reminds me of that poor freshwater parrot fish someone created years ago mixing a severum with something else to create a very angry deformed fish that is being sold in every LFS across the country, in fact they are injecting them with nice colors now a days as well for a variety in their frankenstein fish.

Ummm Liquid...the mis bars are just clowns that don't have fully formed bars going all the way dow their body. You're now comparing a very natural birth defect with taking two entirely different species and forcing them together forming an unatural and sterile(supposed to be anyway) product. Frankly I don't see the comparison. What does injecting with colors have to do with ORA? Again, not seeing the relation.

If it's not endangered, I want it from the sea.

Great attitude. When the pressure from wild stocks can easily and cheaply (remember, captive bred neons are cheaper than wilds) be relieved you'd rather a wild caught because their not endangered. Well, I'm afraid views like this will only hold back the move towards relying more on the efforts of ORA and all other true captive breeding for corals and fish.

You know how many fish are caught each day for food compared to for the aquaria hobby?

You're right, I'm sorry. Everyone else is doing it. They don't care. Therefor, I don't care either. :rolleyes:

Oh, and again if you had read, the business in Bali is a aquaculture fish farm. Do you read before you respond? I guess not because if you were at the formentioned site, well let's go through it....

Yeah I've been then. Guess what, aquaculture, though a noble program and a step in the right direction, is still wild in my book.

They minimum order is 10 fish (around ten dollars)

Yeah...theirs. Never in my post did I speak specifically about any one place for improrting from. When I talk about minimums I'm talking about an average from the places out there.

Not for a bag with 10 fish in it.

LOL oh yeah, gang bagging 10 fish which don't get along with each other (remember...neon dottybacks) for a ride which will last 48 or more hours is key for survivability. :rolleyes: But, even still, I am surprised to see you say this. Someone with so much of their foot in the door would know that many of these place have a minimum weight you must have before they ship. So if they do bag 10 fish in one bag, that's just even more you gotta buy to meet the minimum weight requirement.

They are set up to ship direct through FedEx overnight directly to you as with many.

Wow, cost effective! It just cost me $45 to send a 9lb box from CT to WI. My last order I picked up from the airport weighed 183lbs and cost me $100 and change to ship from CA to CT. Now you're turning a $1 fish into a $30 fish hands down.

Been there done that.

LOL you did huh? Enlighten me as to why you left that gold mine then! You must have started hating money.

First off, who is everyone? Secondly, do you know how many members of this board alone are doing it? Thirdly, because it costs money to start a business. Can you go lay out a minimum of $50,000 tomorrow for a small store and keep it afloat for the first year while building customers? Most people can't, they work for other people and don't own any business nor could afford one if they wanted to. That was just a silly statement.

Everyone is a generalization. $50K to start a business! Good grief, I shouldn't be in business then. I worked an OT, I ordered some stuff. I worked another, I ordered more stuff. I have no loans out. It can be done without a 50K loan so no, it's not very silly. Besides, you're making the generalization that every person selling retail livestock has the money to go and buy direct from the importer. Assuming we can all afford and have the room to house thousands of dollars worth of stock weekly and can afford to absord hundreds of dollars in losses.

I don't think jumping out of the gate saying you think they're being ripped off is being sarcastic. The comment above "Wow. Cost effective"...now that's sarcastic.

Oh, so all the neons come from ORA right? Or other farms and the LFS's have yet to see a real wild one. Yea, and the last three sales telemarketers I talked with told me that there products were the best and cheapest as well. C'mon, what is he supposed to say, "Ours suck, heres the number to a good cheap wholesaler that will make you never bother calling us again".

Again Liquid, you're reading FAR too much into my statement. First off, I consider this person at ORA a good friend. I would trust what he says over any other wholesaler out there because ORA has yet to do wrong by me while all others out there have multiple times. Besides that, I know him outside of ORA as well. Second, I said I talked to someone from ORA. Never did I say that I spoke to each and every wholesaler in existance. I'll tell you this though, IMHO I feel that the comments from someone much deeper into the industry, who's making a wholehearted effort at preserving this hobby is far more valuable than your view or mine. Why not get the info straight from the horses mouth? Why don't you call these contacts of yours and have them post on the subject? That way there can be no misunderstandings.

I didn't ask him what he thought of wild caught neons. I didn't ask him is ORA's were better. But he's right, I can't think of a single list I have seen in the past two years which even offered a wild neon dottyback on it. I know I know...they're not endgangered, but all the wholesalers I see only offer the tank raised ones. Shame on them I guess :rolleyes:

This is an enjoyable business but a business at that. I see tons of people buying stuff from ORA like the neon zoo's on the 2" squares, the toadstools, and the clams and reselling them for a killing by calling them tank raised at their place. I think it is kind of sad if you have a 30 gallon breeder in your living room, you can get a wholesale account with ORA.

Truly Liquid, you're making all these correlations and I am just not seeing how they relate to what we are talking about here. Can you please explain to me? I really am trying to make a concerted effort to understand your side. But one person who has a 30 gallon tank and moves hundreds of corals a week (who can afford to buy, nevermind move hundreds of corals a week retail anyways) that calls his ORA stock his own? What in the world does that have to do with the cost of tank raised versus wild caught neons?

Hey, I'm feeling a little noble about the don't rip off people thing, so if there is anyone reading this from the nnorthern NJ area and would like to purchase some nice ne 2" torch babies I have like 30 and am selling for $10 a piece a few 3" for $15.

Now we're spinning off into commercial posts? Still lost Liquid.

BTW thanks for derailing yet another thread.

Hmmm, I believe the original poster asked what the difference was between what is labeled as arabian dottys and neon dottys. You're first line was about how you believe they are getting ripped off. It didn't derail right there? Your commercial post, that's on subject? 30 gallon tanks that hold hundreds of corals a week? That's the subject? But, to humor you, why don't you point me to another thread I supposedly "derailed".

My simple response was to say that they are probably they same and to go with the cheaper one.

Get the cheaper one just because it's cheaper. Yay! Another step in the wrong direction for making sure we preserve our hobby. Thankfully the cheaper alternative in this paticular situation is captive bred. How few times it actually works out that way though.

I kindly ask if you'd like to continue this please PM me. There's no need to continue hijacking the OP's thread

I'll try to make this quick this time because your ignorance is really getting annoying.

I'm buying my neons from ORA
Did you ever say you were buying from ora in your first post? NO, YOU DID NOT! So how the hell would I have been talking about them. You never mentioned what YOU paid for them nor where YOU got them, so what the hell are you talking about?
the mis bars are just clowns that don't have fully formed bars going all the way dow their body. You're now comparing a very natural birth defect with taking two entirely different species and forcing them together forming an unatural and sterile(supposed to be anyway) product.
Well considering you can order 100 exact duplicates of the same "Birth Defect" I would call that a genetically engineered defect.AS far as the color injection thing relating to ORA, it just has to do with the problems of captive bred creatures, be it for food or for aquaria. I have feeder "tuffies" with tumors all over them when I feed my freshwater monsters. The are so deformed because of generation after generation of inbreeding. Why do you think it is illegal to screw your sister or cousin, because you will end up with a screwed up child! We do it for food and end up with crap like mad cow disease. Corals are fine. You can cut a coral into ten pieces and ten new corals will grow, try that with a fish, it won't.
Great attitude. When the pressure from wild stocks can easily and cheaply (remember, captive bred neons are cheaper than wilds) be relieved you'd rather a wild caught because their not endangered. Well, I'm afraid views like this will only hold back the move towards relying more on the efforts of ORA and all other true captive breeding for corals and fish.

The WILD caught are cheaper or did you again forget to read anything? Oh, yea, I should believe the sales guy who has never seen a wild specimen.:D I said nothing of corals but there you go putting words in my mouth again. The fish I speak of are like deer or caulerpa for that matter, most need thining out as is and are nowhere near endangered. There are enough clowns in the ocean to give every human on the planet 10 and they will still end up getting caught in the fishermans nets. Again, this is silly, we were talking of fish not coral, go ahead and buy your overpriced inbreed dopey fish, who cares.

Yeah I've been then. Guess what, aquaculture, though a noble program and a step in the right direction, is still wild in my book.
"Aquaculture Fish Farm" is what I believe I said and is what they are. Hey, guess what ORA is, a AQUACULTURE FISH FARM! Man, this is getting hillarious.
Yeah...theirs. Never in my post did I speak specifically about any one place for improrting from. When I talk about minimums I'm talking about an average from the places out there.
Funny, since that was the place we were talking about and that you were responding to. We were not talking about some other unknown company, we were talking about the one I posted as an example. I can name you a bunch of these. Can you name me a bunch that have the minimum amount you stated? Didn't think so.
Everyone is a generalization. $50K to start a business! Good grief, I shouldn't be in business then. I worked an OT, I ordered some stuff. I worked another, I ordered more stuff. I have no loans out. It can be done without a 50K loan so no, it's not very silly. Besides, you're making the generalization that every person selling retail livestock has the money to go and buy direct from the importer. Assuming we can all afford and have the room to house thousands of dollars worth of stock weekly and can afford to absord hundreds of dollars in losses.
Yes, an average to start an LFS business that we were talking about. What do you mean you shouldn't be in business then? What do you make, like $100 a year from your cheesy website linking to your fishtank reselling ORA livestock? C'mon, we were talking about business, not side hobby BS. Quit being a Fireman and see how long you can feed your family from your BUSINESS. Again with the not reading, you can get a $10 bag of fish from them, not thousands of dollars to have to stock. You still don't get it do you? And I don't think everyone has that kind of money, that was the point, most people like yourself do not and therefore can't buy and maintain an LFS. What your doing is like my children selling lemonade in front of the house, I could call it a business but lets be serious.
Wow, cost effective! It just cost me $45 to send a 9lb box from CT to WI. My last order I picked up from the airport weighed 183lbs and cost me $100 and change to ship from CA to CT. Now you're turning a $1 fish into a $30 fish hands down.
Those small dollar fish can be shipped in a one gallon container roughly 9 pounds and roughly $50 for delivery FedEx as I stated. Yes, it can be done and they will be alive upon arival. DO I NEED TO DO THE MATH AGAIN?
LOL you did huh? Enlighten me as to why you left that gold mine then! You must have started hating money.
Man, you are dense. What would give you the impression I left the business? Could it be that I had invited anyone from the area to my LFS for some cheap baby coral that has sprouted up all over a display tank. 10 dollars a piece for 30 free coral is a quick $300 in my book. I do like money. I guess you didn't read that part, right?
Now we're spinning off into commercial posts? Still lost Liquid.
Well I guess you did read some of it, just didn't sink in right. Hey, at least it is not in my signature as is your website. Maybe when my site is complete in a couple weeks I will do the same as you. It only has a few pages complete thus far, but go look at the fish section and see if it looks familiar to the forementioned wholesalers. *edit* NO NEED TO SHOW URL again, it is not complete and did not want anyone to view the partially done site, but what the hell, you got me going. When it is done I can have a nice advertising signature like you. No, I wouldn't do that, I will pay Chris to host a banner for me instead.
Hmmm, I believe the original poster asked what the difference was between what is labeled as arabian dottys and neon dottys. You're first line was about how you believe they are getting ripped off.
Man, you have got to learn to read or maybe it is just your memory retention. Go back and read my ORIGINAL response to his ORIGINAL question. I explained the difference and mentioned NOTHING about getting ripped off. I responded yes to his SECOND question of being ripped off. Do your homework. And as far as the business thing, who talked about THEIR BUSINESS FIRST? I never talk about my businesses on these boards and have so on this thread for a reason. Believe me, I do not have to post to message boards to get business, and before you say it, no I am not saying you do either!

This has become pointless. We can either keep going back and forth like this or just end it now. A battle of the opinions will never come to an end. ORA is a fine company in my books and I have no problem with them. I'll sell you anything if you want it regardless if I like what it is your buying or not. You can respond, as I am sure you will, but I believe I am done with this threadand really do not need to continue the rhetoric.

Holy moly, talk about ignorance and reading comprehension, I thought I asked rather nicely if you would PM me....twice. I just couldn't get past that first line of yours after that. No worries, I'll start the pm then.

Yeah my lfs was actually selling royal gramma's for $11.00 at one time and they had one individual secluded and labeled as a Brazilian Gramma for $40.00. I asked why it cost more and if there was a difference. They said it is the same fish but it came from a different location. Go figure.

Archived