Innovative Marine Aquariums

Couple new blastos

shaggydoo541

Yeah that first one is pretty unique. I'm just waiting to see how both color up in my tank. The first was under 250W halides and the second (teal) was under 400W halide. Now under my PC I'm pretty sure there will be some color shifting. I hope the first one only brightens and keeps its coloring it has right now. I hope the second gets more blue and less green. Either way though they are nice big colonies and I got a killer deal on them.

I will definitely be fraggin both these pieces in the future. I feed heavily to encourage growth so hopefully I will be able to frag soon. How fast to welsi usually grow?

pretty slow. thats is why they are expensive and highly sought after.

i'd love to trade frags sometime with you, blasto for blasto, but i highly doubt that first one will stay that color for me. neat looking though.

They usually change when taken from the wild to captivity; big difference in lighting. Even more so for those pastel colors.

Nuke that Majano--I had one kill off a couple heads of a red Blasto I got. Blastos are extremely weak when it comes to being stung by anemones and other corals.

Yeah. I let him (mojano) be for a bit and he devastated half of one of the baby polyps in a day. So I covered him in epoxy and he has been gone for a few days now. I don't think he should be coming back this time and luckily the polyp he was stinging is making a comeback.

The blue/green colony I believe came from the wild but the green came from a fellow reefers tank. He just fragged me off a piece so its was grown in captivity.

Cool. Wellsi polyps do recover extremely well, even from tiny bits.

Captivity, eh? Cool. That's a nice color scheme, for sure.

Archived