Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Circulation in a 2.5g

reefist

What kind of flow do you have in your 2.5g? I've got a Zoo Med micro pump that is supposed to do 55 gph. I've got it dialed back a bit because 55gph seemed like it would be too much. I also have a flow diverter attached to the output (doesn't come with the pump but does with their internal filter model) to help with surface movement. I think I need to go wide open on the pump because the tank tends to accumulate micro bubbles on the bottom of the rocks and on the surface when the lights are on. What do you think?

Look out everyone I'm going wide open, hold on to your hats! Not too bad, looks like my shrooms aren't too ####ed, better surface agitation too.;)

i have a whisper power filter (5-15 gallon model) and a old pump for a fountian i use that itsd the same as a ph but you should do the power filter and the zoo med pump sould work fine if you do em both together ,Chris

Thanks for the input everyone. I think I'm going to stick with the micro pump. It is almost invisible because I cut off a little of the plastic on the tank's trim so I could mount the pump as high as possible. Only about .75 inch of the pump is visible inside the tank. Now that it is higher it also provides much better suface agitation.

How do people keep these powerheads attached to the glass? I'm using a mini 404 and have no luck keeping it up for more than a week or so. Last time it sucked in some poor xenia!

Help!

Attach a adhesive cable tie base to the trim on the back of the tank. Lace a cable tie through the base and around the cord of your powerhead. Cinch it tight and your pump ain't goin' nowhere. Also clean the glass with a razor before pressing the suction caps into place. A clean of the suction caps also helps.

Archived