Coral Vue Hydros

Monster Air Pump - high quality/quiet

Dpidwerbecki

Hey folks,

I was going to set up an aquarium w/ a reverse carlson surge device but I don't think that it will happen. I purchased a large Alita 40 air pump to run the RCSD and now I'd like to sell it. The air pump has some high quality swagelok stainless steel (ss) fittings on it too. I set the pump up so that it had a ss globe valve for air control and a little SS valve w/ a scintered bronze/ss silencer to unload the pump if you want to run lower amounts of air. Also included is the original Alita gang valves.

This is a large capacity air pump and is quiet (35 dB). See the specs:

http://www.alita.com/airpump/al4680.html

The pump is quiet expensive (~$225) as are the ss fittings (~$75), but I will let the everything go for $180 + shipping. The pump hasn't been run but for maybe 1 hour while I was playing with it (new toy playing). I think that this would be an excellent pump for a reverse carlson surge device, a air driven skimmer or if you want to air power a bunch of tanks.

If ya want a large, quiet, nicely set up pump - this is a bargain.

Please reply to this thread, send me email, or send me PM's if you are interested and thanks.

Dave

immages can be seen at RC:

http://www.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showt...threadid=145352

Daver,

Not to whizz in your Cheerios but um, the need for some monster powered air pump here in nano lala land would seem pretty slim... although I gotta admit... the idea of hooking that baby up to my Piccolo skimmer is indeed intrigueing... man I can see that limewood airstone turning into toothpick like shrapnel! heheheh Did you by any chance post this over on Reef Central?.. Them boys are alway looking for BIG@SS everything!...lol

Pretty funny... :-)

Actually, I bought this for a nano tank. I was going to use it for a 16 gallon that was going to have a 1.5 gallon reverse Carlson surge device. I wanted a tank that could support acro and an anenome so I wanted this thing to surge around 2 - 3 times a minute - or I needed a pump that could do roughly 5 gpm at 10" water. This pump could do more than that, but I wanted a large enough pump that I could do the same thing on a 40 gallon tank in the future (w/ 4 gallon surge). This pump could handle both tanks. I figured that if it worked well on the 16, I would eventually sell the 16 gallon tank and make the 40 gallon tank. But...I don't think that I'll do a RCSD on the 16 now and I can't see myself setting up the 40 for the forseeable future.

dave

BTW - it is listed at RC

• 2 weeks later...

Archived