Coral Vue Hydros

When to add Macro...

shrinky

My question is this. If I am cycling a new tank, and using, say, an AC110 as a HOB fuge, is there a specific time that I should be adding macro (like my chaeto) to the fuge. Before, during, after, etc.

I am thinking it would be fine to simply put it in right off the bat, but wasn't sure what people thought.

Go ahead and put it in now. Theres always something for it to extract from the water, plus get your pods a goen faster that way.

Go ahead and put it in now. Theres always something for it to extract from the water, plus get your pods a goen faster that way.

thats what i was thinking - thanks a lot for the reply!

NEVER SATISFIED REFFER

before u do this u might want to find out what the cheato really does. I know its concidered a nutrient export. But does that mean it feeds on no3, or does it feed on waste that is taken out of the water before IT HAS A CHANGE TO RUN THRU THE NITROGEN CYCLE??? If it does the latter, then I would feel that while my tank cycles, the bacteria are not going to build up to become a strong support for the tank. This would mean everytime u add a fish or something else that puts out waste the tank is going to spike higher than it would if u had a better bacteria system to process ammonia to nitrate. This would be something that would only be a prob while the tank is young, like yonger than a year.

Archived