Top Shelf Aquatics

UPS tracking numbers?

floppyfish

I ordered some lights from HelloLights and they gave me a tracking number. When I go to the UPS site and paste it in, it comes up as:

Unable to track shipment "1Z 56A 5R2 03 4056 610 3 ".

We could not find information for this Tracking Number. Make sure the Tracking Number is correct and try again. (1044)

Is this because they possibly don't have it in their records yet? I just got the tracking number minutes ago in my Email. The number is right I just copy/paste.

Just curious, and a lil' worried that maybe their not on the way

??? I need these lights:o

Whats been your experience? Should I calm down and wait a day?

Matt

relax ace, it takes time for the system to get the number. The slip is filled out, ups picks up the box and then puts the tracking number into their computer. give it an hour or two.

Hmmm, that's funny.... I got your tracking numbers to work just fine... pickup scan and destination scan and everything. Funny though, you location in your profile is listed as Minnesota but yet your package is heading for Mozambique and supposed to be there Feb. 3rd....

(uh oh, MN.... MZ, oops!)

Oh I'm joking with you! Maybe? muhahahaha. Patience young floppy!

That seems kind of strange actually. The fact that you have a tracking number meens that it must have been entered into UPS's records. From my experience, if I check my tracking information right after I get my number there isn't any data for the shipment (where it is, or arrival date) but it doesn't say what you wrote. Sounds weird.

Patience, yes well patience is a vertue. A vertue I don't posses:P

I am just excited to get new bulbs and thought it was odd that my tracking number didn't work. Obviously it needs to be in the system if they gave it to HelloLights. Just figured I'd ask:)

Having worked with shipping packages before, it is normal for you to receive a tracking number before it's updated on their system. UPS will provide the software and label printers to the business if they have enough volume. The software used will allow UPS to quickly scan the packages and even send an email for the company they picked up the package from. (it will seem like it's from the company though)

So everything's normal, check the UPS website tomorrow and you should see your package.

Originally posted by chvynva916

That seems kind of strange actually.  The fact that you have a tracking number meens that it must have been entered into UPS's records.  From my experience, if I check my tracking information right after I get my number there isn't any data for the shipment (where it is, or arrival date) but it doesn't say what you wrote.  Sounds weird.

Not true. You can have a tracking number a day or even 2 sometimes before the carrier actually takes possession of the package.

Archived