Pod Your Reef

Overflow box, smallest & where to buy!

MacnReef

Ok, I used the search button to find out where I could get a small overflow box, but was unsuccessful.

So I need a small overflow box for a 20H and I don't want it to take up much room in the tank. Any suggestions. Also, I will be using a mag5 or mag7 for return so it needs to handle a descent amount of water.

Well I've mentioned this to several people before but have no idea if anyone ever followed up on it.... I spent alot of time looking for smaller sized overflows (ended up drilling the tank, woot!) but what I thought was the best deal was having the "Acrylicman" just make me one. You can contact him through RC using that screen name or catch him on Ebay, user name there is "displaycollectibles". He will make the interior box out of black, blue or clear for you and whatever size you want it. Price was around 50 bucks... more than reasonable I thought.

printerdown01

There are several "plastic supply" stores scattered around the country. If you look there is probably one in your area. Just get ahold of some black plexi and use an aquarium silicone to put it together (the shop should cut the plastic for you). Other options: check you local arts and crafts store. It sounds weird, but you would be surprised what they actually have! Just drill 3-4 holes in the back and pick up a package of suction cups ;). Sometimes when you have a tiny tank you are forced to be a bit more creative.

Actually, Acrylicman from RC just sent me a price on an overflow box, looks great!!! And only $45 plus $6 for shipping. I just have to find out what the flow is!

SWEET!!!!

This very question has been on my mind for the last week!! I even lost sleep over it!

I tried two local places and one wanted $225!!! and the other wanted $160!: Damn I can get an acrylic tank for that price!

Thanks glazer

Archived