inTank Media Baskets

maiden voyage- my first pico

Iveman

so someone bought me a red sea art deco moonglow set-up. its about .5 gal i think designed to house a betta (based on pics on the box). it comes with a hang on filter and light so after doing extensive reading on this forum i decided to go salt instead. the bulb was basically a 7 watt blacklight which did nothing but detect lint on my shirt, diddnt exactly light the tank up at all. switched it for a 13w 50/50 that lights up the whole room. so heres the inventory i have thus far:

1 lb key west live rock*

1 inch live sand*

1 teeny blue leg hermit

1 sexy shrimp

7-9 serpent stars (1/4 inch diameter)*

* collected from my 29g tank, fully cycled

id like to go with zoos and mushrooms and MAYBE a yellow clown goby if it doesnt look too cramped. im also open to any suggestions. wish me luck!!

post-18532-1139154598_thumb.jpg

i have the same tank(just a diffrent color)and i like it a lot(but it has lots scratches), unless your room is warm you may need a small heater(ive herd good things about the hydor 7.5 watt ones but havent tried them)i use a heat matt with a dial on it for temp controle and when its set at med it heats the tank to 81(but iam using a strong light until i get a new aquavase)also unless your at home a lot you should put a peice of plastic/glass on top to help with evaporation,(i dont have one and the water gos down about 1/2" every day)do you have a pic of you light? i thought the light tthat came with the azoo tanks coudent handel a 13watt bulb? and can i ask ware you got the bulb? you can keep a clown goby if you whant(i have a green one in mine with a sexy shrimp and two hermits) good luck with your tank!

i got the coralife 50/50 13w at my local lfs, and from what ive noticed its a very common bulb. it doesnt, however, fit correctly with the light housing that came with the tank. i gotta rework the light housing so it will fit but that will be another day. i also added a toadstool coral today so im psyched about that

post-18532-1139191164_thumb.jpg

Archived