Cultivated Reef

Pre-drilled all glass reptile tanks?

Caesar

Pet Smart is selling all glass 20g long reptile tanks that are drilled with a 1" hole on the bottom back panel of glass for about $40. now there is a sticker that says not to fill with water but I want to know if anyone has one of these tanks or if you guys think that it would be a good idea try it.

The glass is much thinner and NOT strong enough to hold a tank full of water. I only know this cause I got one free at a garage sale and I put it out by the dumpster a few days later after I read the sticker that said critter only tank do not fill with water. I made sure the sticker was in the tank so any idiot could see it. I guess the wind must have blown it away and the guy that lives near here took it (I know his mom) I saw him and his mom at petco and they said they were looking for a new tank he said someone put one by the dumster and after setting it up with fish it broke and he had 20 gallons of water all over his carpet with dead fish. This happened last spring and I have never told them that I was the one that left the tank there. Sorry Jason HaHa

while on the subject of all glass reptile tanks

anyone see their turtle tanks? they have a slit in the side for a power filter so you can leave them half full for turtles.

DIY tidepool reef maybe........

Wouldn't a tide pool be cool! I would like one that had a great wave surge in it. I bet it would be sloshy as heck. Think of the weirdness you could keep in there. Maybe a nice rise and fall of the water table twice a day.

Originally posted by Tracker

The glass is much thinner and NOT strong enough to hold a tank full of water.  I only know this cause I got one free at a garage sale and I put it out by the dumpster a few days later after I read the sticker that said critter only tank do not fill with water.  I made sure the sticker was in the tank so any idiot could see it. I guess the wind must have blown it away and the guy that lives near here took it (I know his mom)  I saw him and his mom at petco and they said they were looking for a new tank  he said someone put one by the dumster and after setting it up with fish it broke and he had 20 gallons of water all over his carpet with dead fish.  This happened last spring and I have never told them that I was the one that left the tank there.  Sorry Jason  HaHa

What do you need to say sorry for? They were the ones that picked up an aquarium by a dumpster... HELLO! That should be a real big clue.

Yes I laughed my butt off and also felt bad about it to. I mean the guy had to rent a rug doctor. And his mom felt bad for him to so she bought him a new 20H combo. LOL

Archived