Coral Vue Hydros

my red ricordia

Cam barr

Wow that looks sweet! Ricordia and zoo's the two things I cant stay away from! Well reef related that is ;) That creature on your avatar would be the other.

ha ha lol im going to eventually im going to set up some prop tanks and will be culturing these as well thell go for about 100 to 150 a frag

cam b

Yeah I believe you....I think I remember seeing one similar to yours at Pet Town tropical fish in Irvine it was in their show tank.

It looked amazing in person

cool, I always try to stop by there when Im in the area

Heres one that I have, I know its not very rare but I havent seen another with the color so amazing

Nice I think maybe like $50 or $75 a frag is more reasonable, that's what I've seen them go for. If thats the "red type" I really shouldn't have let one of those I got from another reefer float away in my tank lol.

Wow

I got about 10 of those free on a piece of live rock that I have had for 4 months

they are doing well, maybe I should think aout selling some of them

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

no, I couldn't

I love them too much!

they are beautiful

ok well u guys taht got em for free are lucky i wated for a year to find mine and i live in la and we gat some choice stuff here

prop-ing 150 polyps of those isnt that great of an idea. if you want to keep the price, $150 a pop, then you better stop prop-ing. simple high school economics, supply and demand my man. IMO, those ricordias arent worth $150. you can get pink and blue ones for $7 a polyp.

That is a very nice Yuma though, cam bar.

Specialty pink, red, and orange patterned R. Yuma can get very expensive.

I have paid over $40 per polyp wholesale pricing for some of the "Super red/orange" awhile back. (Like the one in my sig actually!)

Now, I have started handling R. Florida instead- as I prefer the look of the rounded tentacles and the overall texture of the R. Florida. I have also never seen R. Florida priced so high!!

palmetto you have some nice ricordia, next C-MAC meeting i go to I definatly want to stop by your place, I heard that you have a really nice clam setup i think. Anyways, im glad you started carrying ricordia cause i dont really see any up here in charlotte. see ya

hubu tell em whare i can get red ones for 7 buck ill buy teh whole lot

lol

i payed 30 wholesale but ive seen them go for 150 a pop if i proped it i would be luck to get one or 2 a year also palmetto very nice very nice is the price i stated to high for a red or am i right cam b

• 2 months later...

Hey Cam just wondering did you ever get around to propping these or did they split? I've seen these particular ones at the lfs for about $20 a piece, the hot pink ones were like $50 though, they look similar but the color difference is uncanny.

Archived