Top Shelf Aquatics

Nimble Super Review!

kappa

• 1 month later...

I received mine last week for my picotope, its absolutely tiny, and VERY maneuverable. I have not experienced ANY sort of jerkiness to its movement, nor is it too strong, it seems about as strong as the Small mag-float in my nanocube, yet it isn't overpowering enough to prevent smooth movement. It goes around the corners VERY easily. Mine came with some sort of glitter on the paper wrapping it within the bubble wrap some of which was stuck to the product, took a sec to get all that off, then I washed the inner piece in fresh water, it seemed to have a bit of excess scrubber adhesive on the plastic. I also polished it up as best I could with a soft cloth, but there still seems to be a slight residue that showed up once I got it in the tank.

I can easily recommend this product. Great performance, price is very very reasonable, and shipping was much faster than I expected (have had past problems with USPS delivering packages to me, seems fixed now).

Only issue I had was the glitter and a bit of excess adhesive, neither of which were enough for me to dock any "points".

All in all, 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, aquarium keeper seal of approval.

Thanks for the great feedback. I did not realize that the glitter was sticking to the nimbles after I wrapped them. I will switch to a solid color tissue paper ASAP. That is okay anyway because my girlfriend was annoyed by the glitter falling off the paper into the carpet when I was wrapping them so I was going to have to switch anyway!

Jerome

Jerome I don't know if you recall but early 2008 you made me a prototype "Large Magnus" for my 90g system. WOW!!

That amazing thing is still going strong (strong being the KEY word there). It cuts the crud and grime off my THICK glass and thanks to it's larger "footprint" I'm able to clear my front 4' panel in less than 90 seconds. I've been using it almost daily since Jan 2008 and it's still working just like the day it arrived.

GREAT work buddy :)

In addition to the "Large Magnus" I have one in our 6g NanoCube (small one), one in my NanoCube 12g (super) and one in my 10g Frag tank (super). I'm confident that EVERY tank I have from now on will have at least ONE of your Nimble products in it!

*2 wet thumbs up*

Sincerely,

Allen

• 2 weeks later...

i got a nimble nano about a month ago for my pico and it is probably the best investment I have made for my tank! it can get around all the corners and works on acrylic as well. also has a nice grip that cleans the algae! so much better than magfloat in my opinion

Archived