inTank Media Baskets

Yellow watchman goby help

Scottclu20

I recently introduced a yellow watchman goby into my tank yesterday (20g with 20lbs LR 1 false perculla and one FF goby) so far he has been very shy and stays in his burrow all day and night, I have only seen him out once. I know this is not uncommon but I am worried about whether or not he is eating. I feed my other fish pellets and asked the guy at my LFS if that would be alright and he said that they are scavengers and should be fine. Is this true or should i be feeding him another diet? Thanks

My watchman likes mysis shrimp and another combination I buy called "Marine Cuisine." He loves that stuff. It is also known that they will scoop up sand in their mouths and sift it through their gills. This gets them some food as well.

I remember when I first put mine in...he hid the same as yours. He came out about 3 days later. He will get more accustomed to the new place over time.

I recently introduced a yellow watchman goby into my tank yesterday (20g with 20lbs LR 1 false perculla and one FF goby) so far he has been very shy and stays in his burrow all day and night, I have only seen him out once. I know this is not uncommon but I am worried about whether or not he is eating. I feed my other fish pellets and asked the guy at my LFS if that would be alright and he said that they are scavengers and should be fine. Is this true or should i be feeding him another diet? Thanks

Don't worry about a thing. I've had mine for 6 months and he always stays near the bottom near his cave. Occasionally, he jumps out for mysis or brine that floats by, but mostly, he stays at the bottom sifting sand through his gills. He scavenges plenty of leftovers this way and has grown quite a bit.

My goby loves tablet food. There are several kinds you can get and they sink to the bottom. He will take a whole tablet in his mouth (that mouth is HUGE lol) and roll it around so as it dissoves he can get the dissolved stuff. He and my peppermints fight over the tablets.

Archived