Pod Your Reef

2.5 gallon heater....cold house

Bbentler

Hello All! I have a 2.5 gallon pico tank with some nice corals in it. However lately the tank has decided to stay on the cooler side since the weather has dropped drastically in Iowa. I NEED A HEATER. I can't afford to heat an entire house to 75 degrees all the time. My house stays in around 68 degrees. The lights keep it warm during the day, however I can't figure out which heater works best. Honestly I need some consistency so is there anything that works the absolute best since I will be getting a heater.

I use a really cheap 25w heater, I think it is made by renal? You can pick them up for les than $10. It has worked very well for me. Keeps tank between 79/80 degrees.

TheLadyDragon

what about those cable heaters by hydor, or the mat type heater bythem as well. my work has used them in 2 gallons and smaller plant tanks perhaps they'll help you as well?

ashley

hydor 7.5w heater no thermastat i put it in my hang on back. it is very thin. i turn it on at night after the lights go off. i have had it now for a month and the temp is running consistant

hydor 7.5w heater no thermastat i put it in my hang on back. it is very thin. i turn it on at night after the lights go off. i have had it now for a month and the temp is running consistant

ya, but with this you have to manually do it correct? I was going to get that heater, but what if you were out of town for 2-3 days or if you forgot one day? The hydor w/ a thermostat would be the perfect heater...I"m still looking for one like that. Or if you wanted I guess get an extra timer for the hydor?

Archived