inTank Media Baskets

New to the scene ...

Gunfury

Hello All - just wanted to introduce myself and say hi. I live in Atlanta and work for a small company as their IT department. I've been reading the forum for a while now and finally got around to getting an account ...

Anyway I dusted off my old 7g bow front, got the green light from the Mrs. and 3 weeks later (minus a few $ducks$) I'm slowly giving birth to a 100lb nano-reef.

The nitty-gritty:

Deadstuff

7g bow front

AquaC Remora HO

AquaC skimmer box

2 404 Minijet PHs

Red Sea Wavemaster Pro

1 very old 18W 50/50 PC (soon to be replaced by a 32W retro)

Alivestuff

~10lbs Aragra live sand

~12lbs live rock

2 small blue-leg hermit crabs

2 astrea snails

1 small yellow polyp colony (Parazoanthus axinellae - I think)

Week 3 and so far everything is going well. Macro algae is just starting to grow so I'm hoping I'll dodge the bad algae bullet, the polyps seem happy and it looks like the live rock growth is holding.

When I get my camera charged I'll try and get some pics up ...:)

- Thanks Gilman!

Christopher,

The only thing I don't like about it is you can't tweak the intervals for custom settings. However the default settings seem to do a great job alternating the flow within the tank. I've got both 404's on oposite sides facing the front. I get great left-to-right, right-to-left and swirl-in-the-middle currents with ocassional pauses in between.

I'm a gadget freak so I'd definitely recommend it as an alternative to sea swirls (especially in small tanks).

Archived