Top Shelf Aquatics

anybody have or seen one of these?

cannondale

that actually looks like a pretty good deal. ive never ordered from them before, but the price seems to be good, and it comes with a light.....i say go for it

With only seeing it from the pics, it looks like a pretty good deal. Nice looking tank, Looks like a Coralife 2x13w fixture(or is it a knock-off?), and some unknown to me filter. $50 isn't bad for the whole package.

are you guys kidding me... what a P.O.S.. first off their bulbs sux ass... their MH bulbs...are a joke...make your own..spend the extra cash...if you really want a pico then go with:

http://nanotuners.nanocustoms.com/nanotune...products_id=152

hope this helps..never get anything from that site... you get what you pay for...

not true ...catalina is a good company cheap but way better than that aquatrader.com BS and they also have good cust svc . i have their 2x55 light fixture works great stays cool and the bulbs are nice too 50/50 bulbs idk abt their MH but im guessing they are ok? ...but that is a good deal for that little tank i saw it in person it is glass and the light is good quality also ..legs are a little flimsy just be careful and the filter is just some power filter suggest upgrade to a aquaclear if u want to keep using a power filter over all i ll but it.... thats cheap..! the LFS sold the tank only for 40 dollars!!! go for it dude..if u dont like some of it just mix and match ! :D

thanks everyone, i am thinking i might do it, its fairly cheap, and yes i would replace the filter. I like the cpr pico-c but i dont want something that tall. I was going to go the 2.5 aga but i hate the plastic top and the sealant in the corners of the tank.

thanks everyone, i am thinking i might do it, its fairly cheap, and yes i would replace the filter. I like the cpr pico-c but i dont want something that tall. I was going to go the 2.5 aga but i hate the plastic top and the sealant in the corners of the tank.

I like the rounded corners on that tank, plus its glass which is nice. You can always hang the supplied light as a pendant and go for a clean trimless look.

i bought the 1.6 or something like that just because i liked the clean look. I saw the website you pointed out last night and emailed them, " how much for the tank alone" answer "25 to your door"

the true DIY'er could make a nice fixutre for a pretty cool tank design.

i am thinking of drilling the back of the 2.5 and doing spray bar

one thing i just notice, and traced on a piece of paper to be sure, the front glass is not a perfect bend. Just a hair off. Thats on my 1.6 made by same person

i just bought the 2.7 you talked about. I will be doing this mod on the weekend.

How is the quality on the 2.7 tank? Can you take a pic - I'm thinking about picking one up as well.

you know it is good and looks great. I bought mine from my lfs for only 15 but the online store is 25. i will take pics probably sat afternoon when i start my overflow project

i just bought the 2.7 you talked about. I will be doing this mod on the weekend.

Are you going to do this with acrylic? that looks like a great plan. Is there some kind of aquarium safe paint that you can use so the pumps won't be visible? Maybe some tinted lexan...

I really want to do something like this in my office (well, cubicle.)

Keep up up to date with your progress!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived