Cultivated Reef

Refugiums?

XsploveReefin

XsploveReefin

What species of Algea are in yours are you runing a DSB or Miracle Mud, Do you guys have pepperment shrimp to breed in your refug to feed your fish and corals. Do you like it to gravity feed back to the tank or be pumped back .Alot of recearch i have done say it really doesnt matter i just want to hear some other peoples oppions.

I am putting a 5 gallon refugium above my 18 gallon cube tank (Still thinking if i should or not)

I have grape caulerpa and some other type of macro (but Im not sure what it is) in my fug with a mixture of sand consisting of olithic sand & crushed coral that I gathered from 4 diferent tanks. It is sectioned off in my sump and the water is returned to the main tank (55g). I have lots of different stuff up there that I know was not up there before. Heck Ive had a few sea slugs make the trip! So I wouldnt fret to much on things being mulched by the return pump. I have various fauna in there but no peppershrimp as I dont want them picking off my population of pods and what not.

Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...
printerdown01

Grape and Hali, mostly. A few really cool species of red algae, but they don't grow very quickly. I like the DSB. I use a U-Tube return. I'm afraid of killing my pods returning to the tank... Although they don't seem to have a problem making it though any pump I have had in the past.

Archived