Cultivated Reef

Thor amboinensis aka Sexy Shrimp

xofinnocent

Does any one have experience with Thor amboinensis (aka Sexy Shrimp) in a nano- I have done a few searches, and while people say they have them they really dont describe there habits, diet, and recomendations. So if you have any form of information at all please tell me. For it will help me with my purchase and many others who want to venture into this "exotic" shrimp.

there is no real requirements other than good water quality, and proper shelter for them to hide in (crevaces and holes). They will eat flake food and just about anything offered.

hth.

i've got three sexy shrimp in my 7.5 gal. i've had them about two maybe three months now and they seem to be doing real well. obviously water quality is tip-top:P. like ESPI said they'll eat about anything and bound around the tank chasing their pray. i've fed my tank prolly three times since they've been residents yet they appear to be much larger-they're constantly foraging. they like to "sleep" hanging in the braches of my acros, but not bothering them too much. there's a new ocellaris clown sharing the sexy shrimp lair, that doesn't sem to bother them at all. while i've had no other problems they did pluck all the polyps from a new raspberry pocillopora frag that i picked up-not good! maybe that one looked really tasty or maybe it ####ed them off and for whatever reason they ravaged it. finally they really do like hanging around, often upside down, in shaded areas so if you can build some caves for em that you can see into that's the ticket, IME! other tank inhabitants include a T. squamosa, small hermits, astrea, cerith and nass snails, Xenia, various mushrooms and zooanthids. HTH! BTW who's idea was it to give you a michael jackson avatar!

Archived