Pod Your Reef

cloudy tank

chuck22689

ive got a 10 gallon thank with around 8 pounds of liverock and 3or 4 pounds of black sand in it the inhabants are 2 clowns, one coral banded shrip and a red leged hermit. my snail died about a mounth ago and the water seems really cloudy my prams were all around 0 when i checked them the other day. i also did an 8 gallon water change 2 days ago but the water is still cloudy ive been runnig carbon for 2 days does anybody know what could be wrong. ive meen using tap water for the topoff but have also been using it in my pico and its still cristal clear plese help me i dont know what could be wrong

tap h2o is probably the problem.

Check ammonia, if you have high ammonia its an "ammonia cloud"

Keep using the carbon it should clear it up, maybe try filter media such as a sponge/pad to catch the big particles

i checked my amoina and its still at zero so i dont think it could be that plus the tank has looked like this for a couple of weeks when all i had was a single clown in there. im not dosing any chemicles so that cant be it and the other thing that is bothering me is that im using the same water to topoff my 2.5 and its cristal clear. ill try to post a pic latter when i get my camera working again it loves to eat batteries.

Archived