Top Shelf Aquatics

Update on 20g

floppyfish

Well its been a few months and a coupla corals since I've posted pics of my tank. Here are the specs:

5 months old.

20g AGA

1 55w 7100k

1 55w 03 actinic PC

17.5 lbs LR

20 lbs LS

Percula

Yellowtail Damsel

Combtooth Blenny

Halimeda

Xenia

Green Frilly Shroom

Brown Capnella

Purple Colt

Finger Leather

GSP

3 blue legs

4 Astrea snails

Skimmer/sumpless

RO/DI water changes every Sunday(well almost)

Dose Kalk with Aquadose for make up water.

Add Kent Superbuffer when needed.

The 'before' pic.

9/12/02 The day after I got my first frags. You can barely see the frag's of Capnella(upper left on rock), Xenia(upper right), GSP(botto left) and Frilly Mushroom which took a few weeks to find his right spot.

attachment.php?postid=774067

Tonight.

You can clearly see the corals. The Capnella on the left. Colt on the right. Xenia up on the top rock, that way the down grow up my rock work and their isolated to that rock execpt one streched ofver to a new rock. GSP is on the bottom on its solitary rock. The Frilly Shroom is dead center. The finger on the bottom center. Although it isn't out for some reason. Sometimes their all nice and streched with polyps fully out and sometimes their moody. /shrug I don't get it.

Well, this is my first tank. I started getting interested after my old roomate had a FOWLR. I started lurking here and other forums last January, reading up and study'n what I had to do to be succesfull and hopefully I will be.

I am keeping softies for a while untill I get my water stability down(which I think I am). Plus with the lights I have I'm pretty limited to what I can keep anywho.

But hope you like it. I do:P

Originally posted by lizbeth

Very nice! The rockscaping looks great. I love to see how other people set up their 20s.  

How do the damsel and clown get along?

Heh, they don't.

Actually, they ignore each other, but the damsel won't let him into the rock work. The Blenny pics on the damsel, and not the Clown. Its wierd:P The Clown in turn, pics on me and bites when I do clean up in their. Man he bites hard!! Lil' bastard.

Yeah that stuff grows like crazy. I swear a new leaf grows off the last every day or two. Besides, I guess if I want it to take out its share of crap in the water he has to be big.

I also like the green look it gives the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived