SaltCritters.com

WANTED! MH or PC for CHEAP!

flick

Hey there guys!

I was just wondering what were the best sites, or if anyone has cheap PC hoods, or MH hoods....or home made hoods with MH or PC's?!?!?!!?!?

I have a 15 tall (equivalent to 10 gallon surface area) and i was planning on this tank to be home to a pair of false occellaris' and a rose BTA which needs a good amount of lighting.....I only have 15 watt 50/50 now, so i obvisouly need more to have a BTA within the next 6 months..which is why im asking for good website deals and/or fellow reefer deal???...

Or just a deal on retrofits so i could/would just build my own canopy and add the lighting inside of it..

Thx

Flick

Anyone?..

Also....does anyone have some LR i could buy off of them for like $2-$5 per pound???...im a fellow reefer in NEED OF MORE!!!!...lol....I know most of you guys have some laying around..thats not being used more than what i could use it for! (ie, in behind your other rocks, in sumps e.t.c).....

Id also pay for shipping to where i live which is Guelph Ontario! Canada!

Thx

Flick

hey flick, if your still looking for pc's let me know only thing is the shipping and if your gonna order more than 2 lights it would be more cost effective, let me know and we can work something out, i have a 150 mh and ballast i could sell you too both the bulb is new the ballast has been used but for less than a month.

-Jon

go for a 70W halide retrofit kit from lamp dr. - great deal, and perfect for that small tank.

as far as cost, I think it's around $140 - and not having to change the bulb for 18 months means you're saving a lot of money over the next year (compared to changing the bulb in a PC unit 2X over the same time :) )

building a small wooden canopy to house it is cheap and easy :)

So, does that price include: (u sell these right asiankidd, ive seen you have other lighting topics..where u sell this stuff)....so if you have these will they include:

-bulb (white and act?)

-legs and/or clips?

-warranty?

-is that american? or candian?

-Do you know where it comes from as im here in Canada!..lol

Thx

Flick....

Sry guys...i got MadTownMax confused with asiankidd..lol

So ansiankidd, how much would u sell me ur MH for..with the bulbs and the actualy MH...will it need a canopy or does it have mounting legs? And about the pc's, i would need a white and act bulb..like a 50/50, so what bulb is appropriate for my tank???...to grow a BTA in future???....and are your pc's sold as just the bulbs, or does the socket thing that makes the bulbs work come with it too???....and are they wired already so all i would do it plug it into the wall, and it would work? Or would i have to wire to myself...and stuff..?

MadTownMax..thx ffor help man....do you know where i could get a better look at that site and that light???

Thx

Flick

anyone?

www.illuming.com - prices in US$ (sorry flick, I keep forgetting that you're up north :) )

I got a retrofit from lamp dr. (illuming.com) and was very pleased. He was running a special for members of nano-reef.com for a while

If you want the morning/evening effect actinic is really cool and makes things flouresce a lot. You will need another "supplemental" light for this however - and a Power compact would be the way to go for that one.

70W or 150 (from asiankid) would work fine - just might have to put the 150 watt a few inches higher off the water to prevent the tank from over heating.

wow...great thx for info!!!...

So you are saying to go with the PC...i was thinking on the 96 w 50/50 from asiankidd...but its too long..i need one to be a 20" MAX!!!...but reefinnewb ( a fellow reefer here) offered to sell me his 96 watt 50/50 17" long for $45.00 plus shipping so like only $60.00 in TOTAL..should i???..id have to build my own canopy but who cares eh..lol..i think i will buy it off of him..but he has not been on for a while..so i cant ask him again, and i have not gotten replies back from him...sooo

lol

Thx

Flick

what if i did this???...70w MH...free shipping..and it will be my birthday present as it is on March, 2nd.2006...lol....$149.99 USD....

Here..fallow these instructions!:

-illuming.com

-click 1st option on left (metal halide retrofit kits)

-either the 70 w electronic metal halide 'mini' or other 70 w..which are both $149.99USD!

Is that enough lighting for a BTA in a 15 gallon tall????.....plus id also have my 15 w 50/50 power compact in same homebult canopy...good for a BTA right guys????..lol

Thx

Flick

ps-gtg bed time...lol school tomrrow!

yes, great lighting for a BTA - but remember what I said in the other thread - water chemistry must be perfect, and stable (meaning your nitrates, phosphates should be at 0, calcium at 400-450, and magnesium between 1250 and 1500) temperature not fluctuating more than 2 degrees daily, etc.... not meaning to go on a tangent, but I don't want you to spend money on all this equipment and then end up frustrated that you can't keep an anemone alive - patience and time grasshopper ;).

- however I don't think the 15W is a power-compact - got a link for a similar product? sounds like a normal-output ("NO") flourescent - which would be perfect for the supplemental lighting I mentioned above - just find an actinic bulb for it (I've never looked for one, so I don't know how hard they are to find).

www.hogshoods.com

He is a member on reefcentral and does great work. My 10 gallon was $60 shipped (painted black with flip top lid and 2-3" fan holes). I then bought a used Sunpaq 2x32w PC Lighting from another member for $50. So for $110 i got a hood, base, and lighting for my 10 gallon nano. Think it was a decent deal

as for the 96 watt pc, their all standard size unless its a quad 96 watt they are shorter, but yes as for the lights i have their new, and they dont have any warentee from me atleast, but i will guarentee they all work when you get them, as for the metal halide kit i was just selling you the ballast and bulb but, if you need the holder and all the other good stuff i can probably get that from my work for you and sell it as a complete retrofit kit to you, just let me know what you need, pm me and i'll price it accordingly. If your really looking for a good deal and are gonna be doing a complete diy i have a bunch of 55 watt pc i need to get rid of their just a bit longer than you need but you can make the hood to accomidate a few inches, pm me and we'll talk

ok thx for all the great info guys!....im still confuised at which package i should look at!

At illuming.com....there was a 70k MH for only $149.99 american..is that good or no...its free shipping, all pre wired, comes with a abulb, has reflecter, clips and ballast...ready to plug into the outlet..and im rearing to go..lol (the prices are american though:()..im here in Canada...

But is that a good idea???

thx

Flick

so, i have just went to hogshoods.com....and it seems grrreat!..however i am wanting to build my own canopy for cheap...i was just looking for canopies for sale complete with lighting....suited for a 10 gall or 15 gal tall (like my tank)....thx though eqdevilboy....

Asiankidd...how much would u sell me the WHOLE MH kit for??..like bulb, canopy, and other stuff????..plus shipping to canada?!?!?!? Also, how much are your 55w???...and are they 50/50??? and how long are they?

thx

Flick

Archived