Pod Your Reef

Yellow Tail Damsel Won't Eat

rye

Well, things seem to be going fine with my new tank - except that I've added a second fish and he does nothing but hide! My first fish is a true percula clown and now that's it's been a few weeks and everything's going good I added a yellowtail damsel. He hung out for the first day, but now he's mastered finding every hiding spot and just sort of holes himself up. Doesn't even want to come out when I feed. Any suggestions?

Ammonia=0, Nitrite=0, Nitrate=0, pH=8.2, SG 1.025, Temp=77.8...as far as I can tell all of that looks pretty good. I've been trying to feed him the same thing my clown has been eating which is the Marineland BIO-Blend Marine Staple Diet (small pellet). I also have some Prime Reef flake that I've tried, but no luck with that either. The clown seems to eat everything and is doing extremely well.

I hear you loud and clear on the overfeeding...something I'm trying hard not to do. I only feed once a day and when I do, I drop in a little at a time until the clown starts to sort of "play with it". At that point I stop. I feed for 2-3 days and then take a day of no food. Does this sound like a good schedule?

Archived