Top Shelf Aquatics

Satchmo Alert!

Crakeur

Well, Satch just left my office after dropping off a few frags for me and for my office tank. I failed to open his box while he was here and after talking for a few minutes he wisely fled from the pit of hell where I work.

I open up the box and find the following:

two Billy Joel CD's

Three of his steroidal Xenia frags (gonna punish my dad and put these beasts in his office tank)

One Toadstool clipping (my tank gets this due to the size and the one I currently have will come to the office)

One gsp mat (at least I think that is what it is. either that or some real funky shroom type critter - my tank for sheer coloration)

A few sps frags that were part of the spsfrag deal that went awry and was corrected with extreme generousity by Patrick (my tank due to lighting)

Enough medical supplies to start my own hospital. I am now the proud owner of a scalpel, some syringes and forceps. All I need is a stethoscope and I can be a doctor like Abagnale in Catch Me if You Can (read the book, skip the movie there. Book is far better and can be read in under a week, even by the slowest of readers).

Anyway, Satch is a real stand-up guy, delivering this box on his day off, in sub-arctic temps. I had nothing in return other than my thanks and a handshake but more will follow - I swear to that.

Again, thanks Satch, I'll take a few shots of the Xenia in the big tank so that you can see the beast expand and take over yet another reef.

Well,  Satch just left my office after dropping off a few frags for me and for my office tank.  

Anyway,  Satch is a real stand-up guy, delivering this box on his day off, in sub-arctic temps.  

Too bad he couldn't show up in nice weather to hang with us at the Bistro.... he had to "work"...... :P

PS: Just kidding kev... rollingLOLLOL.gif

Ski this month deff !

My pleasure. It was nice to finally meet you. After dropping off stuff by your apartment, splitting a mail order, and talking to you on the phone and through here, it's good to put a face to one of my imaginary coral friends (that's what my GF calls all you people).

The dressing kit with the tweezers, scissors and hemostats is the ultimate nano tool kit. Rinse with FW after each use or they'll eventually rust up. I'll bring the stethoscope and surgical retractors next time. Hope you don't have a problem playing those CDs. There's a problem with some players reading discs I burn for some reason. I have tons of Billy boots on cassette (remember those?). Next time I'll bring the one with the raw, original reggae vesion of "Only The Good..." It's a ####er. I met BJ in Canton, OH a few years ago. Told him I was ashamed to admit it, but I own a ton of his bootlegged material. He said, "Don't worry about it. If you saw my Beatles bootleg collection, you'd know I'm in no position to b!tch at you."

The mat is indeed GSP. Nice bright green colony too. It's a quick grower, on par with the mutant xenia. Be forwarned this time :)

uncommitted bastards. I wish I could hit the slopes. I love skiing in this sub-zero weather. I remember when I was young and it would be, my dad, a friend of his and his son and nobody else skiing in the 30 below weather. The frostbite wasn't pleasant but the skiing was pretty damned good thanks to empty trails.

Perhaps, when the baby gets a bit older I will still be able to afford the cost of lift tickets.

As for the gsp, thanks for the advanced warning. They'll be placed as far away as possible from the goodies.

My old man spent a solid 30 minutes trying to place each xenia colony in a vacant snail shell, and then place said shell in a current free environment so that they would take hold. Well, he stupidly then fed the tank and the fish blew the xenia out of the shells and now he is digging around trying to rescue the colonies. Satch will vouch that this is no small task in a tank this size.

Funny that your girlfriend calls them imaginary coral friends. My wife still won't let up that I went to a "computer reef geek meeting" and nobody save Espi showed up. She declared me and Dave the rulers of the kingdom of computer reef geeks. One of these days, just to totally freak her out, I might have to hold a nano-reef meeting in my apartment so she can see just how scary all of y'all really are.

Thanks again Satch. The hysterics of watching my dad fish around that tank trying to place, rescue, place rescue etc. the xenia is worth all the money in the world. It beats the "fishing" expo we had on Friday trying to snag a christmas wrasse with shrimp on a paperclip (we got it after about an hour).

Archived