Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Seeds

JPF

Is there any type of egg that you can buy and put into a fuge that will hatch and supply food to your tank? Something along the lines of brine shrimp only maybe a little more interesting? Also, I read last night on a store site that if you place a pair of peppermint shrimp in your fuge they will spawn regularly and supply young for your tank to feed on. Anyone experience this? I have a cpr small fuge. About 2 1/2 gallons I guess. Thanks.

Jim

my peps spawn all the time (egg clutches in the pleopods), more like 'horny' shrimp. :D but i've yet to witness an actual spawning event. the young have to go somewhere, i hope they're feeding my system.

along the topic tho, i've been pondering whether or not FW fish fry can be used to feed marine systems. i'm not a breeder in either but just curious as to their nutritional values. some people seem to breed certain FW fish very easily. just thinking out loud.

it would no doubt be a very nice treat for anemones ans larger fish i guess why not dope em up with brine shrimp and mysis and stuff before hand? im thinking guppies would be great i get new guppies aobut every 3 weeks or so in "litters" of about 5 or 6 meh stil have one from teh first hatch err birthgiving?

nishant

Archived