Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

www.justphish.com

gobies

Saw this place mentioned elsewhere and took a look. Here's a quote from their cleanup crew page:

I am a firm believer that you do not want to overstock your tank with a cleaning crew because as the crew accomplishes their job, the food source will diminish and some of your crew may starve and die off as a result and these packages reflect that thought. I personally find that most pre built packages out there include critters in numbers much too large to be supported without consistent target feedings after the initial food source runs low. You can always add more cleanup critters should you need them, but there's no need to have too many and they die off.

He sounds like he's got a clue, and the prices on the build-it-yourself package look reasonable -- though he calls astraeas "turbos". But he's got a pic of nerites that finally IDs my "mystery snails"! :)

It's a family-owned business, and I'd rather give my $$ to the little guys than some big company. Has anyone ordered from these guys before?

Originally posted by gobies

I'd rather give my $$ to the little guys than some big company.  

I'm 6' tall. is that too big to qualify as a little guy? If not, send cheese baby.

I actually checked out their crew and other stuff as well and the prices seem decent. Here is what I have learned from my ordering experience (not with them). The smaller the merchant, the easier they are to deal with. Look at how much fun and success everyone has with thelogicalreef, spsfrags.com, coralsandbar.com, etc..

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a word of thanks and a strong recommendation for www.justphish.com

Recieved my order this morning and everything's looking great. Ordered from his Build Your Own package and I'm completely satisfied with everything. Got me 25 Nassarius, 10 Turbos, 25 BL hermits, and a really cool serpent star as part of the $60, shipping-included package. Also added on a skunk cleaner and a tuxedo urchin for a nominal increase in shipping. Everything arrived very well-packaged, double and triple-bagged, and bright and early this morning. The snails and crabs immediately went to work on my post-cycle algae bloom. The star, shrimp, and urchin are being drip acclimated now.

Just Phish is a top notch operation. Run by a great guy with good-looking livestock and some of the fairest prices around. Thanks again!

Peege as some know him from a few chats and reefing back in the day is a cool d00d in my opinion. I chat on occasion and he is solid. funny.... he too was "blocked/Banned : from Reef'tard Central

because he too has a voice and refuses to be a sheep in the herd. ;) just food fer thought..... all the great's are ostracized and cast out of "civilization" and they in turn rule the "wastelands" of what civilization has left in ruin upon their elevation to greatness they will stroll back into Rome to a heros' welcome."

---- Ateoclease.....

Translation in Euboniks:

Kicked to Kurb, den in walk-ada... he da bomb.

:D

Archived