SaltCritters.com

Hmm...what lionfish

Regal Tang

plenty of people have given answers without flaming, you just don't want to hear what the majority of people are going to say to you. The only time anybody said "idiot" was after you completely ignored any of the advice that was offered.

I really don't care either way what you do, but there are many more suitable fish for a nano-tank. Just know that there is a good chance that any lion will die early and you will be out $30 or however much you spend on it.

hahah im not that stupid...if i get a fish i research it!

if this were the truth, you would have quickly found that a lion is not well suited for life in a 12 gallon tank and this whole post would be meaningless.

if this were the truth, you would have quickly found that a lion is not well suited for life in a 12 gallon tank and this whole post would be meaningless.

:haha:

lol 30 gallons recommended...well i figured if it was by it self...and it wasnt going to get full grown,i could have one, lol you guys worry to much, and i did get my answer, i Stopped wanting a lionfish after the first few answers....i just had to defend myself against FLAMERS

i'm 14....and im not even close to rich...lol NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! if i was rich i would have a 50-60 gallon + tank....but a 12 gallon and a 24 gallon is all i can afford!

i'm 14....and im not even close to rich...lol NOT EVEN CLOSE!!! if i was rich i would have a 50-60 gallon + tank....but a 12 gallon and a 24 gallon is all i can afford!

Fine, youre not 11 and rich...youre 14 and poor. Im happy for you.

Either way, dont get the lionfish. Save your money. Buy a goby.

i Stopped wanting a lionfish after the first few answers....i just had to defend myself against FLAMERS

you briught the flames upon yourself...

post #1: you ask which lion to get

post #2: lgreen nicely reccomends against putting a lion in a 12 gallon tank

post #3: you say "so.... I just want an answer!" even though post #2 gave you your answer

post #4: proflatlander nicely comments that 12 gallons is just too small a space for a lion

post #5: you say "lol, well im going to get a lionfish!"

FLAME ON!!!!!

lol this: you brought this all upon yourself

grow up or get a betta tank

Well, people with your mentality Regal (no offense) are destroying this hobby... buying and buying specimens that can not live in the conditions the ignorant purchaser places them in. The creatures die, the ignorant purchaser returns to the lfs and buys another. They log on to nano-reef.com and ask for opinions... they get replys in the form of facts, opinions, warnings, and words of personal experience. They still continue their strive for "aquatic satisfaction" trying to make a statement by defying the claims the warnings. Unfortunately most of those specimens being bought at the lfs, and are then being killed, come from the ocean... which is not an expendable resource. The delicate balance of the ocean is ever-present in the countless exaples of symbiosis, viewable even in the home aquarium, if any part of the oceans complex web of life is disturbed it affects more than most humans can even comprehend. The leading producers of oxygen (which we kinda need) on the planet... organisms in phylum chrysophyta... produe roughly 3/4 of all the oxygen on the planet... those organisms dwell underwater. The effects of the destruction of oxygen-producing terrestrial plants are miniscule compared to what would happen if the balance of the ocean were upset. Our hobby is quite contorversial, we can help the ocean through conservation efforts, most especially for aquarist, the aquaculturing of organisms... www.garf.org is a website that will help you understand how you can do that with any reef tank... or we can continue to destroy through ignorance. The way I see it, if you buy a specimen (especially one that's not aquacultured) you should at least try and give it the best conditions possible so that it can live out it's life as it would in the ocean. Keeping an aquatic organism... a fish, macro-algae, coral, inverebrate, etc... is more than keeping it as a pet, its a responsibility, that if you are to keep this specimen from the ocean you'll care for it, and learn from it, so that in turn you can help what's being destroyed. My advice is read, read, read, research, ask questions, visits website such as this (but in a different mind-set). If you don't have a passion for what you've got in that glass box, you're in the wrong hobby.

The nano Lance

How the hell did this end up in the nano cube forum? Please lock or get rid of this thread! I think I'm the DUMB one for reading on even after this kid had shown his ignorance.

I think you should get the lionfish and a lunar wrass. Lunar wrass's really go nuts at feeding time! It would probably crash into the walls of the tank. A fish like that would so cool in a small tank.

• 3 years later...
Saltyfingers

Wow

First time I have commented on this forum and I sincerely hope that this kid is a one off over the pond there. I cannot believe that someone would even have morale fiber of a cabbage that they would take a fish off the reef, place it in a tiny glass box that is too small for it and take pleasure in watching it be massively unhappy and slowly die!

Why why why do some people like to help shorten the life span of some of the worlds most amazing a prettiest creatures.

Grow up and get a tadpole you IDIOT!

TheUnfocusedOne
Wow

First time I have commented on this forum and I sincerely hope that this kid is a one off over the pond there. I cannot believe that someone would even have morale fiber of a cabbage that they would take a fish off the reef, place it in a tiny glass box that is too small for it and take pleasure in watching it be massively unhappy and slowly die!

Why why why do some people like to help shorten the life span of some of the worlds most amazing a prettiest creatures.

Grow up and get a tadpole you IDIOT!

dude no offense but what a bad first post to make

this happened almost 3 years ago

let it go :lol:

dude no offense but what a bad first post to make

this happened almost 3 years ago

let it go :lol:

Haha, my thoughts exactly..Aren't we all guilty of acquiring animals from the ocean and putting them in small glass boxes? (Unless of course your tank is as big as the ocean) :D

And yes, I know what you mean, just trying to be funny, no offense... :D

Archived