Top Shelf Aquatics

help! what is it?!

snowlancer2720

snowlancer2720

well, i was just checking my tank, as always, and i noticed little bugs on the back wall, i guessed these are copods or whatever, but then i saw it looked like a thousand tiny white dots in a size of about a quarter...what is it, sorry i forgot to take a picture of it, but i sucked it out already. i have some soe nassarius and margarita snals, could it be eggs (do they lay eggs?) or how did it get there TIA for your help

well, i was just checking my tank, as always, and i noticed little bugs on the back wall, i guessed these are copods or whatever, but then i saw it looked like a thousand tiny white dots in a size of about a quarter...what is it, sorry i forgot to take a picture of it, but i sucked it out already. i have some soe nassarius and margarita snals, could it be eggs (do they lay eggs?) or how did it get there TIA for your help

Could be snail eggs. Was there any pattern to the white dots?

formerly icyuodd/icyoud2

copepods are tiny. they look like a white dot with tiny tail. ampipods are much much larger and can be seen eating/cleaning etc etc. isopods found in the tank are usually larger than the copes and smaller than the ampis. chances are your looking at copepods.

theres some good pic in this thread, be sure to check out dianes link, for some sweet close ups

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...topic=72883&hl=

snowlancer2720

great, thanks everyone, i watched my nassarius snail lay some of them, amazing stuff, good to know that i wont have 3000 little snails all over the place!

Archived